We'd like you to check out our new store!

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

KillerCroc
-- Vendor --

We'd like you to check out our new store!

Post by KillerCroc » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:42 am

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Ted Perkins, and my wife Lisa and I operate a small computer parts business from our home in the Tarheel state of NC. Our company is called Teliperk Technologies Inc, located at http://www.Teliperk.com, and on eBay at http://stores.eBay.com/Teliperk-Technologies-Inc. We carry products from Thermaltake, Yate Loon, Nexus, Zalman and others. We are small but we are growing! We hope you'll take a moment to check us out, hopefully buy something. If you have a question or suggestion please e-mail us anytime!
Thanks!
Ted and Lisa Perkins
[email protected]
Last edited by KillerCroc on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeDaStudd

Post by JoeDaStudd » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:45 am

To be truthful that's a very poor site.
You should use one of the numerous free eCart solutions.
Remember the website is the face which the customer sees, if it looks bad there are less likely to buy from you.

Anyway good luck.

KillerCroc
-- Vendor --

Post by KillerCroc » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:13 am

I agree 100% - we primarily rely on our eBay store for a modicum of professionalism, but we are working on a new/improved Teliperk.com to be unveiled in another month of so. I am exploring Zen Cart, OScommerce, and Magento shopping carts, but may use our host-provided e-shop (we use 1 and 1.com hosting)

widowmaker

Post by widowmaker » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:26 am

Shipping to Canada is kinda steep :?

NyteOwl

Post by NyteOwl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:44 pm

Hmmm, there are no products on the teliperk.com site, and the eBay store in the link doesn't exist.

qviri

Post by qviri » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:02 pm

widowmaker wrote:Shipping to Canada is kinda steep :?
I find it noteworthy when shipping to Canada isn't steep, not the other way around.

widowmaker

Post by widowmaker » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm

You never know. KillerCroc might give us spcr'ers an exclusive deal <wink wink nudge nudge> :wink:

KillerCroc
-- Vendor --

Post by KillerCroc » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:25 pm

I apologize if there was a problem with the links to our eBay store; I just re-tested all the links to vendors, eBay, an email and they all seem to work properly at this time. And again, I apologize for the amateurishness of our website; it is my first attempt at building a site and I really don't know all the ins and outs of HTML coding and formatting; It will get better, that I can promise.

NyteOwl

Post by NyteOwl » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:27 pm

Recommendation: It's a Bad Idea (tm) to require javascript to view products and do navigation. Alway use plain x/html unless there is some overwhelming reason to script something. Less is more.

That's why I thought your products page was empty - I, like many others, browse with javascript and flash disabled by default.

matt_garman
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by matt_garman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:47 pm

Any chance you'll offer Sanyo Denki fans?

KillerCroc
-- Vendor --

Post by KillerCroc » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:41 pm

I have looked into the Sanyo Denki fans just recently, but unless I'm willing to commit to a 2-500 piece order (at 12-15/ea) the company doesn't want to talk to a little store like us. Too bad, I've been interested in getting my hands on a few samples but have been limited by the costs involved.

mentawl

Post by mentawl » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:35 pm

Best of luck with the store =)

KillerCroc
-- Vendor --

Post by KillerCroc » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:42 am

Thanks Mentawl, I appreciate that!

psiu

Post by psiu » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:03 pm

Ha...I bought something in September from your ebay store purely by chance. Thought the name was vaguely familiar for some reason.

And your ebay feedback is 100% since 1999, pretty impressive, good luck with the storefront...which still needs some work ;)

And I would like to mention your completely awesome shipping pricing, it's one of the best I've seen.

m0002a

Post by m0002a » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:18 pm

Some rather dubious claims on the eBay site about Nexus 120 mm fan:

"Don't you just hate it when you have build [sic] a nice and quiet computer and it turns out that your high-end components are producing so much heat the temperatures in your computer case are getting too high? The Nexus Real Silent 120 mm case fan is the solution for you. It provides massive airflow [emphasis mine] your pc may require without being noticeable noise wise."

KillerCroc
-- Vendor --

Nexus performance claims

Post by KillerCroc » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:19 am

I am guilty of "borrowing" the product description from the Nexus website and I obviously should have applied a little judicious editing. Like all manufacturer's claims they should be examined cautiously until independent testing (like SPCR of course) either verifies or disputes the claims. That said, Nexus has demonstrated a proven track record of high-performance/low noise products worldwide . The use of their products , as with their competitors, needs to be examined for each situation. Unfortunately no one manufacturer has yet created the "perfect" cooling product - that's part of what keeps this hobby interesting!

ACook

Post by ACook » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:06 pm

don't you just love feedback from a bunch of critical geeks like us?

:-)

I agree with previous comment, less is more.

Splash pages are useless junk. They keep you from seeing the real page, and half your customers won't come in through the front door anyway, if they use a search engine.

perhaps a global european price can be given, with caveats of course.

good luck.