big SSD sale at newegg!

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

swivelguy2

big SSD sale at newegg!

Post by swivelguy2 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:18 am

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Ap ... 0-_-AllSSD

120GB OCZ Vertex: $300 after MIR
120GB OCZ Agility: $290 after MIR
160GB Intel X25-M: $414

etc...

psyopper
Friend of SPCR

Post by psyopper » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:42 am

I was lookingg this over after yesterdays Intel X25-V shocker (which is still showing in my cart at $99 even though I haven't purchased it).

Unfortunately this still doesn't pull the SSD's into the realm of "affordable" yet. A few of the OCZ pieces have some impressive prices with MIR, but I only hear of horror stories and failure to pay on these.

ces

Post by ces » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:32 am

psyopper wrote:I was lookingg this over after yesterdays Intel X25-V shocker (which is still showing in my cart at $99 even though I haven't purchased it).

Unfortunately this still doesn't pull the SSD's into the realm of "affordable" yet. A few of the OCZ pieces have some impressive prices with MIR, but I only hear of horror stories and failure to pay on these.
I think that when the SSDs cross over to the cost of a 1T hard drive, they cross some kind of pricing threshold. And at the low end, with MIRs, they either have done it or are just about to do it.

Jay_S
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Jay_S » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:27 am

There's some good deals in there, but nothing that makes me want to jump in yet. I'm holding out until 4Q10 to see what affect Intel's 25nm flash has on the market.

dhanson865

Post by dhanson865 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:43 pm

It sure was funny to see them put crappy samsung based SSDs in the "blazing fast & high end" category and samsung/jmicron based SSDs in the "Pretty fast, Pretty affordable" category only to see the superior 80GB Intel drive in the "SSDs on a budget" category.

But then that is marketing for ya. Braindead about true performance just touting sequential write speed like its the most relevant metric for SSD performance.

The Corsair P SSDs should have been under Pretty but overpriced category. Same for the Corsair Reactor SSDs.

At least the Corsair Nova was in the right category right next to the OCZ Vertex and Agility.

And I'm struggling to see a reason for the Kingston drives to not be in the "SSDs on a budget" category.

zodaex

Post by zodaex » Mon May 10, 2010 7:36 pm

A rip off if you ask me.