SOLD: FS: Smart Drive 2002C Copper Hard Drive Enclosures

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

irusun

SOLD: FS: Smart Drive 2002C Copper Hard Drive Enclosures

Post by irusun » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:41 pm

SOLD!

I have four (4) Grow-Up-Japan Smart Drive 2002C Copper Hard Drive Enclosures for sale.

These are the ones that are black aluminum on the exterior and have a copper-lined interior. These are 5 1/4" enclosures made for mounting in a 5 1/4" drive bay (though they work great as an eSATA enclosure provided you have a way to power the drive via the standard SATA power connector). You install 3 1/2" hard drives inside - they both quiet drives (spin whine and chatter) and keep them cool at the same time. These are about $75 brand new, but these used ones work just as well as new ones (they never wear out or break!).

$25 for one, or $40 for two, or $60 for all four. Shipping is additional based on where you're located, but they weigh about 3 lbs each with packaging so you can use a shipping calculator to get a rough idea.

They are in excellent condition (a trace of scotch tape residue in a couple spots where I previously labeled them being the only "blemish").

One of them doesn't have a native SATA power extender cable, but instead includes a "Molex" power connector to SATA extender... still works great with an SATA drive, you just need to have an available Molex power connector available on your PSU (usually there's an abundance since few devices use them).

PayPal only please.

I'm listed at HeatWare as "u70".

I'm in Seattle, WA (98103). If you're in the Seattle area, let me know and we can work out a deal for local pick-up.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by irusun on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

flemeister

Re: FS: Smart Drive 2002C Copper Hard Drive Enclosures

Post by flemeister » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Registering interest in all four of them. Check PM's. :)

irusun

Re: FS: Smart Drive 2002C Copper Hard Drive Enclosures

Post by irusun » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks for your interest! Would like to sell them to you! I've attempted to send you a reply PM, but it doesn't want to leave the "Outbox". I'm still trying to figure it out.

If you're comfortable enough with sharing your email, maybe you could PM that to me and then we could correspond that way.

Edit: I've sent an email to one of the admins about the PM - doesn't look like it's working right for me. I've been a SPCR member for a few years, but I don't think I've ever used the PM before, so not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what.

flemeister

Re: SOLD: FS: Smart Drive 2002C Copper Hard Drive Enclosures

Post by flemeister » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:44 am

Package received, everything intact. Thank you. :)