[WTB] HDPLEX H1.S Case

Got a hot deal to share, info about a vendor, gear to sell, or a question about where to buy?

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Loaded

[WTB] HDPLEX H1.S Case

Post by Loaded » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing an HDPLEX H1.S Case (www.hd-plex.com/hdplex-h1.s-fanless-computer-case.html). Please PM me if you have one that you're looking to sell.

Thanks!

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: [WTB] HDPLEX H1.S Case

Post by xan_user » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:28 pm

welcome to spcr!

...chance of finding that case used = slightly less than bigfoot riding a unicorn, into atlantis....

Loaded

Post by Loaded » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:56 am

Haha, fair enough! I thought I'd try my luck on various forums... hopefully someone has an unused one just lying around.

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:03 am

BTW while that case is sweet. it's overkill for ~95% of silent builds.
dont let the lack of that case, at a good price, stop you from building a silent PC!

Loaded

Post by Loaded » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:21 am

Do you have any other recommendations for a silent PC case? I need it to be entirely fanless (so most likely using heatpipes), extremely small form factor (H1.S case is about the right size), and be compatible with an FM2+ mobo/CPU.

boost

Post by boost » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:45 am

Streacom FC8 Alpha is the closest match with FM2 compatibility.

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:16 am

99.93% of users dont really need fanless. what is your use for this PC that requires no moving parts?

Loaded

Post by Loaded » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:09 pm

I looked at the FC8, but wasn't a fan of its bigger height and looks. Highly subjective, I know :).

I want this for a 24/7 on HTPC build in the living room. I live with roommates so I want this to be completely silent. Our TV is close to the hallway and the living room is small so any time anyone walks by it, it shouldn't make any noise and was why I thought a low speed fan wouldn't be enough (did a few basic tests). Am I off the mark here?

Thanks for the help here - really appreciate it!

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:50 pm

What are the components going into the case? Is the PC going into an entertainment center's shelf/enclosure? If so, what are the latter's dimensions and openings? knowing these details will determine the best way to go to optimize noise/temps and looks.

SebRad
Patron of SPCR

Post by SebRad » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:37 am

Hi, in my experience you can build a fan cooled PC that is so quiet you can sleep next it and barely be aware of it. Even in a very quiet rural location too.
If it has to be small it will need to be low power but that's getting ever easier.

Really you want only solid state storage in the PC with noisy spinning disks on the network somewhere out of earshot. If you much have spinning disks the quietest 5400rpm 2.5" and 3.5" aren't bad, best mechanically decoupled from the case and if possible in an enclosure. I have a Scythe Quiet Drive which is excellent but not available anymore, there is an equivalent produce from Scythe which I've seen positive comments on here on SPCR.
This will of course apply to fanned or fan less PC.

I find the key is using decent fans (don't stress over which is the absolute best) and most importantly controlling them to get the speeds down low enough. I've tended to use Speedfan for this but modern motherboard BIOS level fan controls are getting better and allowing lower speeds, not artificial minimum of 50% or something.

Good luck, Seb

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Fri May 27, 2016 8:55 am

This is long after the original post, but there's a used one now being sold by a guy in Toronto for just CA$100.
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... uter-case/