Looking for the Details of the 55w mini-ATX dc-dc converter

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

knumskull

Looking for the Details of the 55w mini-ATX dc-dc converter

Post by knumskull » Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:59 pm

Please Help Me!

I have been trying to find out where I can get the dc-dc converter board that is sold inside of the Cubid 2677R and 2688R mini-itx cases.

So any tips would be appreciated or if some one that has one can list any manufacturer markings that are found on this board, it would be greatly appreciated.

for those of you that dont know the dc-dc converter board converts 12VDC into +5v, +3.3v, +12v, and -5v...

Thanks,

Knumskull :twisted:

quokked

Post by quokked » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:53 pm

knumskill u may be able to build a board with voltage regulators and make your own regulation board using something like the LM317 and some a smattering of components, or maybe set voltage regulators u could get, u could build a board by yourself :)

crisspy
Friend of SPCR

Post by crisspy » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:44 pm

Hey, one of my big interests is very small PC's. I checked around for Cubid 2677R cases and found some interesting stuff on...

http://www.caseoutlet.com/

They even have detailed good pictures of the stuff they sell, definitely an above-par website. Since they carry the cases you want they may be able to get the PSU. If it's a replacement part for one of those cases I understand why you're looking for one of them, but I bet you'll end up paying big $$$ for the part - if they can get one. If you're after mobile 12v sourced PSU's there are probably much better options available for similar buckage to what laying hands on that specific one would cost. And it really looks like a very low quality job (well at least low cost and simple). It might be lacking sufficient line regulation and have troubles with automotive 15v+power spikes=12v type input, since it's probably only designed to use a flat, well regulated external 12v switcher. It probably doesn't regulate the +12v at all (that would up the $), so you would have to ask if the other components could handle that without trauma.

I haven't really looked around yet, but as of miniITX and Via C3's, I can see the option of running something like it for our survey company on the sounding boat. So far we have just used inverters, at around $50 a pop in Canadaian Tire they are the other viable alternative.

TerryW

Post by TerryW » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:42 pm

To knumskull,

My thoughts on this topic:

If you are unable to find what you need, quokked has offered a good suggestion: build it. Companies like Lambda Electonics Inc., http://www.lambdapower.com/ makes all sorts of DC to DC converters, most with multple outputs & currents.

Good hunting & good luck.

TerryW

foo_mench

DC-DC board can be purchased now

Post by foo_mench » Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:57 am

I too wanted to get one of these without buying a whole case. The board is made by Morex. They sell cases directly at www.caseoutlet.com. I sent e-mail a few weeks ago asking about the DC-DC converter board, and got a replay they they would be making a product annoucement soon. There is still nothing on their website that I can find, but I got this e-mail just a few days ago:
Thank you for your reply.

Here is the spec for the DC Board:

V in : 12Vdc
V out: 5VSB, 5V, 1.5A
+3V, 3.3V, 4A
+5V, 5.0V, 4A
+12V, 12V, 1.5A
-12V, -12V, 0.1A

The price for one DC board is qty 1-9 pcs $35/each
10-99 pcs $29
100-499 pcs $26

Please call for quantity of more than 500 pcs.

Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.

http://www.caseoutlet.com
Tel: 510-656-5475
-Eric

Justin_R

Post by Justin_R » Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:43 am

You might want to check out the PC Power and Cooling Turbo Cool 100. It's a 1U form factor low power PSU that accepts 12V in. Definitely expensive, though, at US$120.

Here's their pic: