Modify EG365P-VE FM

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

largo

Modify EG365P-VE FM

Post by largo » Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:01 am

Hi all,

I am trying to modify my EG365P-VE FM to reduce noise.
Here in Madrid is not easy to find PAPST or PANAFLO. So I am thinking to replace the 80cm Globefan by an adjustable Enermax UC-8FAB

Does anyone have experience with this Enermax UC-8FAB fan?

Thanks and regards !!!

quokked

Post by quokked » Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:19 am

it might be possible for u large to buy a panaflow or papst fan in from Europe online maybe largo? what with the Euro Free trade zone, don't understand it personally down here in Oz but it might be possible.
With the fan u've specced, it's the enermax adjustable fan, very good actually I've got two 80MM's in my case, nice for adjusting to the levels u want to run at for your balance of sound over cooling, but... :) how u going to run the pot (the twiddle knob is the technical term I think :) ) to the outside of the case? I was going to install one onto my PSU but I would've needed to find a way to route the twiddle knob to the outside of the case so I just stuck in a panaflow instead :)

Red Dawn

Intersting things...

Post by Red Dawn » Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:48 pm

I took the "twiddle knob" of my Fanmate-1 and stuck it on a backplate opening (for joystick or something) that I didn't use. I took the plate out, and used double sided tape and stuck it there with the knob facing outwards, that's how I routed my cpu fan voltage controller anyway. ;-)