Where Enermax PSU's used to fit on "Recommended PSU&quo

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

DuckTape

Where Enermax PSU's used to fit on "Recommended PSU&quo

Post by DuckTape » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:59 pm

Hello folks.

Maybe someone can help me with this one...

On the "Recommended Power Supply Units" web page, it states:

<< Updated November 15, 2002 - Enermax and SH models removed; quieter alternatives now plentiful. >>

Source: http://www.silentpcreview.com/modules.p ... =28&page=1

Was this referring to specifically the Enermax WHISPER models?

Which specific models (wattages, etc.) were recommended before?

And where did these Enermax PSU(s) fit (overall quality, dB levels, quality of noise) on the following list of recommended PSU's that appear on the above web page?

- TKPower 300
- RSG Electronics ECP230W
- RSG Electronics RCP300W-Series
- Nexus NX-3000
- Seasonic SS-300
- Seasonic SS-400
- Zalman ZM300A-APF
- Seasonic SS-200SFD
- Q-Technology QT-02300
- Antec TrueControl 550
- Antec TruePower 380
- PC Power & Cooling Silencer 275ATX

Thanks much!
DuckTape

GamingGod

Post by GamingGod » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:52 pm

I might be wrong but I think even the antec true power 2 fan units are considered to be quieter than all the enermax power supplies.

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:11 am

GamingGod wrote:I might be wrong but I think even the antec true power 2 fan units are considered to be quieter than all the enermax power supplies.
I think so too. Don't get me wrong, the Enermax's are great PSU's. They're well built, with quality components, and perform flawlessly. Heck, I own 2 of 'em. When they were first released they were among the quietest, but the newer models out there have far surpassed them.

But, you can make an Enermax as quiet as most of those models, it just takes a little enginuity. If you're willing to get your hands dirty, that is. Another benefit of the Enermax's is the cost and availability. They're found at alot more resellers than some of the rare-beast silent models, and they tend to be cheaper. (just be sure you add in the cost of the mods you'll make to it into that equation)