It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mod a Seasonic w/ Papst 8412N/GL?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:59 pm 
*Lifetime Patron*

I find myself with an extra Papst 8412N/GL, and an extra Panaflo L1A. Which one should I use to mod my Seasonic PSU?

My case (Enlight 72??) only has room for one front 80mm fan and the Seasonic for ventilation. It has a GF4 with Zalman ZM80A on it generating heat.

Come to think of it, am I asking for trouble replacing the stock Seasonic fan with either one of these quiet fans? I'd use a Panaflo M1A but I don't have one.

Post subject: Re: Mod a Seasonic w/ Papst 8412N/GL?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:48 am 

Phoner wrote:
I find myself with an extra Papst 8412N/GL, and an extra Panaflo L1A. Which one should I use to mod my Seasonic PSU?

My case (Enlight 72??) only has room for one front 80mm fan and the Seasonic for ventilation. It has a GF4 with Zalman ZM80A on it generating heat.

Come to think of it, am I asking for trouble replacing the stock Seasonic fan with either one of these quiet fans? I'd use a Panaflo M1A but I don't have one.

I wish I know more about your system spec. Either fan will do fine but my recommendation goes for Panaflo out of the two (more air flow). Also, EAR fan mount is highly recommended in my book as it will keep the PSU virtually silent.
One thing I am worried about is that this is your only exhasut. Maybe time to get some case cutting stuff and put an 80mm exhaust fan at the back of case ? (if there is room 92 would be better I reckon).
That Zalman + CPU heat will definitely make PSU hotter than in my system. (Not worried about noise level as it can't be THAT bad with fan swap but possiblity of failure due to excess heat on PSU)