Any issues removing grill on Modu+82?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

jerryk
*Lifetime Patron*

Any issues removing grill on Modu+82?

Post by jerryk » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi,

My case has a cross brace that runs right below where the power supply mounts. This brace presses against the grill on the Modu+82. Is there any issue, other than sticking my fingers into the fan, with removing this grill?

jerry

Michael Sandstrom

Post by Michael Sandstrom » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:33 pm

Yesterday I installed a Modu82+ 425 watt PSU in an Antec Solo. I had to remove the grill to get a good fit. I could have cut one small section out of the grill but I did not have a tool that would work.

BTW, The fan in my PSU had an audible rumble that's annoying. Previously I was running a Seasonic SS-400 with an undervolted 80mm Japanaflo that was dead silent. How are the acoustics in your unit?

JazzJackRabbit

Post by JazzJackRabbit » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:01 am

Yes, you can remove the grill, you can even do it without voiding the warranty. ;) Just unplug PSU from the power socket (COMPLETELY, you don't want to get electroshocked), remove the screws, remove the grill, hold the fan by the base of the center hub to align screw holes on the fan and the PSU casing and put the screws back in. It's easy and shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes.