QTechnology Papst Series.

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Yomat

QTechnology Papst Series.

Post by Yomat » Fri May 30, 2003 12:24 pm

QTechnology Papst Series have been popping up around here. 300W, 2 350W models, 2 400W models (one or two fan difference). Claim to be silent. Anyone had any experience with them?

brooskens

not quiet...

Post by brooskens » Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:13 am

I have tested a Papst version Qtechnology psu. But I was very disapointed. It is not quiet at all!

For one the quality of the Papst fans is getting less since the production is no longer done in Germany. What they do now is that they have the parts made in China and do the assembly in Hungary.
...and this made the quality less.... :(

And Papst neglected to do a new acoustic test with their fans after the strategy change ...so they still claim very good/low noiselevels, but infect this got less/louder because of the less quality....

Somepeople choose the Papst fans because of the good reputation in the market.... We'll see how long that lasts....

Anyway...the Papst and Qtechnology is not a good combination. Power supply runs fairly hot and the Papst fans are not quiet at all!

My conclusion: Bad choice! Don't! No'p!

Bas

Yomat

Post by Yomat » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:11 pm

How long have they been making bad Papst fans? People seemed to dislike them a year ago already. I never liked them.. and I never even had one. I just saw their stupid method of balancing the fans with some plugs or shit. They are also overprised. Why not fix it with a better production line, like Panaflo.

Verdict: Thumbs down for QTechnology.