Fanless 130W ATX PSU with 120W AC adapter *Video.

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

selcuk

Re: Fanless 130W ATX PSU with 120W AC adapter *Video.

Post by selcuk » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:37 am

That should work fine too. The main difference, from the look of it, is that it supplies 24V @ 6.67A, while my 160W brick is 20V @ 8A. Either is fine for the Winmate, and they have the same pinout.

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:34 am

Just want to let you know the discount code is electrodacus15 this will give you 15% discount on the ATX PSU and any relate accessories.
This is valid from today 15 November to 15 December.

steve.forde

Post by steve.forde » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:48 pm

I have a few motherboards(Atom based, core2duo-integrated.graphics etc) which I am looking to pair the 'DC-DC PSU' with.

The most demanding on the Power Budget is the following HW build :-
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-P35C-DS3R
Core2duo (3Ghz) Processor with 8gig Memory (DDR2-6400)
gigabyte 9600 GT graphics card-fanless (currently 1display, may add a 2nd in future)
SSD 60gig

Will the current supplied, by the DC-DC PSU, on the 'rails', be sufficient @full load?

Is it possible to deliver to the UK and how much would the cost be in total?

<BONUS :shock: -the above kit is currently powered by an old 600w PSU and not used in a box, the lrg heatsink is extremely hot to touch and disipates a lot of radiated heat- is this typical or would this setup result in extra current drawn, (outside spec), from the supply? >

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Post by electrodacus » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:54 pm

steve.forde wrote:I have a few motherboards(Atom based, core2duo-integrated.graphics etc) which I am looking to pair the 'DC-DC PSU' with.

The most demanding on the Power Budget is the following HW build :-
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-P35C-DS3R
Core2duo (3Ghz) Processor with 8gig Memory (DDR2-6400)
gigabyte 9600 GT graphics card-fanless (currently 1display, may add a 2nd in future)
SSD 60gig

Will the current supplied, by the DC-DC PSU, on the 'rails', be sufficient @full load?

Is it possible to deliver to the UK and how much would the cost be in total?

<BONUS :shock: -the above kit is currently powered by an old 600w PSU and not used in a box, the lrg heatsink is extremely hot to touch and disipates a lot of radiated heat- is this typical or would this setup result in extra current drawn, (outside spec), from the supply? >

Sorry for taking to long to replay and your most demanding build will not work I will not recommend with a 130W PSU. You can use to then it will work but is quite an old system not sure it worth the investment.
The 9600GT is old and can use up to 95W probably is a bit less for the fanless card guess under 75W because is powered by the motherboard.
Also the P35 is a full ATX motherboard designed for performance not energy efficiency so I will expect the heatsink will be quite hot especially if you do not have a good fan on the CPU that will get air on the motherboard.
In conclusion it will not work with one PSU it will work with two but I do not recommend any of the setups.
Shipping to UK of one PSU without AC adapter is 12.95$ for two is 19.95$ and for one with AC adapter is 34.95$ because of the weight they are Canada post small air shipping and there is no tracking but is relatively fast under 12 business days.

Sorry again for answering so late if you want to purchase and you just missed the 15% OFF offer that ended today just let me know and I will get you 15% OFF.

bean1975

Re:

Post by bean1975 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Given a 220W LiteOn brick and your DC-to-DC converter, do you think it's feasible to a) use the 19V input directly taken from the DC in (as in the "two converter" connection) and feed it to an Intel DH61AG motherboard b) use the converter to feed a Radeon 6770? Max TDP 108W.

Edit: to actually carry the 12V from the board to the PCI, I was thinking of molex removal tools. At the end of the day, no matter whether 1x4 pin peripheral connector or 2x2 pin ATX12V connector, it's the same pins, right? So I can create a custom connector with 2x2 pin F, 1x4 pin F to 2x3 pin F. To avoid crimping female molexes onto cables, I could get eight pre-cramped wires from two Image and conviniently, I only need to three of the 1x4 plastics and I can use the fourth.

electrodacus
-- Vendor --

Re: Re:

Post by electrodacus » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:53 pm

bean1975 wrote:Given a 220W LiteOn brick and your DC-to-DC converter, do you think it's feasible to a) use the 19V input directly taken from the DC in (as in the "two converter" connection) and feed it to an Intel DH61AG motherboard b) use the converter to feed a Radeon 6770? Max TDP 108W.

Edit: to actually carry the 12V from the board to the PCI, I was thinking of molex removal tools. At the end of the day, no matter whether 1x4 pin peripheral connector or 2x2 pin ATX12V connector, it's the same pins, right? So I can create a custom connector with 2x2 pin F, 1x4 pin F to 2x3 pin F. To avoid crimping female molexes onto cables, I could get eight pre-cramped wires from two Image and conviniently, I only need to three of the 1x4 plastics and I can use the fourth.

Not sure I understand the question. You can use a dual PSU as I mentioned in one of the threads one of the PSU will power the CPU and HDD + optical drives.
And the other can power the motherboard and a GPU usualy a max 70W GPU that can be supply directly from the PCI-E.
As for Radeon 108W TDP this will need one PSU dedicated just for the GPU you can use the P4 12V connector the 1x4 pin MOLEX has only one pin with 12V and that can supply a max of 6A because is just one wire the P4 has 2 GND and two 12V so it can supply up to 12A but in this case the PSU can output only 10A but that will be enough for the 108W TDP about 9A

So you can use one PSU for MB + CPU + HDD and all other components except the GPU and the GPU powered form a second PSU as for the AC adapter not sure the 220W will work long therm if you are gaming on this but you can use two 120W AC adapter and in this case you do not use the first P4 Y cable to connect the two ATX PSU together.

It will probably not be a silent PC with the 6770.

drbroom

Post by drbroom » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi electrodacus,

I was wondering whether your 130w (plus high wattage AC adapter) would be able to run the following;

CPU: i5 3570k (most likely undervolted to .9v) = 45-65w
MOBO: asus p8z77-i = ??
RAM: 2x4gb Samsung Low Power 1.35v = 4w??
HDD: Western Digital 2.5" green =1.7w load
SSD: 512gb Crucial M4 = 3.4w load
USB SOUNDCARD: = 1w
2x SYSTEM FANS: Noctua 80mm + Scythe Shuriken 120mm = 2w?

GPU: HD7750 LP = 55w

Is this sensible or too close for comfort? Is there any type of psu out there which will comfortably run all these components?

Thanks!