Seasonic PSU short cable kit?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

echn111

Seasonic PSU short cable kit?

Post by echn111 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:57 pm

I've ordered a Seasonic X-Series SS-460FL for my ITX build, however the modular cables are too long at 60cm. Think the connectors are similar to other Seasonic modular PSU's. Where can I get shorter replacement cables for Seasonic modular PSU's? Thanks.

Jim G

Re: Seasonic PSU short cable kit?

Post by Jim G » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:37 am

I haven't seen any short-cable kits for these but it's not too difficult to adjust the length of the existing cables yourself with wire-cutters and crimps - I did that to our two Seasonic PSUs and having the power cords be just the perfect length for each build really does save on cable clutter. MDPC-X have crimps and the necessary tools.

DHCWire

Re: Seasonic PSU short cable kit?

Post by DHCWire » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:05 am

Earlier this year I asked Seasonic tech support how to get extra cables for an X-460W. They referred me to the following company:

Antron Electronics
314 Paseo Tesoro
Walnut CA 91789
909-595-8860
909-595-8862 (fax)
http://www.antronelectronics.com

Antron's web site indicates that they can provide custom-made cables. I just wanted some extra (stock) cables, so I have no information on what they charge for custom jobs. (If you do go this route please let everyone know what you find out.)