UPS CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD / CP1500PFCLCD

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

ciobi

UPS CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD / CP1500PFCLCD

Post by ciobi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:41 pm

I've seen a few posts here claiming that CyberPower UPS's CP1000PFCLCD and CP850PFCLCD are very quiet but found just one mention about the more powerful 1500VA models. I'm really interested in the European version (CP1500EPFCLCD), but I guess the noise should be the same as for the US one (CP1500PFCLCD)

So I wonder if there are more users of silentpcreview who own either of these (and perhaps also the 1300VA or 1350VA models) and would like to share their experience.

Thanks

ciobi

Re: UPS CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD / CP1500PFCLCD

Post by ciobi » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:20 pm

To answer my own question, as others might be considering this model: I bought the CP1500EPFCLCD and it doesn't make any noise in normal operation. I couldn't hear anything with my ear pressed against the UPS. If the grid power is down and it's on battery, the fan kicks in, even when drawing less than 100 Watts. Anyway, although you can hear it, it's pretty quiet. When the power is restored, the fan will continue to operate for a little while, to cool the UPS, but then the fan is turned off and the UPS recharges without the fan.

All in all, it looks like a very good option for cases when the grid power is mostly OK and a relatively high Wattage is needed. For lower Wattages there are models from various companies that don't have a fan, but I expect most to buzz when operating on battery (and many have a quieter buzz even when operating on grid power.)

scorp

Re: UPS CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD / CP1500PFCLCD

Post by scorp » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:53 am

I can confirm that CP900EPFCLCD also seems to be dead-silent ( when on AC, it will buzz if the AC is out, but that is expected ), even with my ear pressed to its case.