Seasonic Titanium PSUs

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Mackan

Re: Seasonic Titanium PSUs

Post by Mackan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:21 am

Seasonic Rep wrote:Sorry for the trouble, then I would highly recommend that you should RMA the unit and we will test the unit again for you.
Both my samples went back to the reseller. I don't know what they do with them. But I assume they RMA them back to you. And then I wonder what you do with them.

Seasonic Rep
-- Vendor --

Post by Seasonic Rep » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:53 pm

The units will be tested and checked against specifications and then it will be matched to a few reference MBs and systems to see if any abnormal noise can be heard.

awitko

Post by awitko » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:02 am

What's going on with the seasonic prime 600w? They keep slipping the release date. They announced the PRIME line with fanless model more than a year ago! They had most recently suggested that 600w model may be released at Computex 2017, but it didn't happen. Now they are suggesting that it may be some more months.

Alex

Seasonic Rep
-- Vendor --

Post by Seasonic Rep » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:51 pm

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your message.
Our PRIME Fanless is schedule for release on market for this August. Such a first on the market needs a lot of work and our team prefers to make it great than to launch a product that is not as good as they would like. I'm sure your patience will be rewarded.
Thank you very much for your interest in our product.

Best Regards,

Abula

Post by Abula » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:36 pm

Seasonic Rep wrote:Hello Alex,

Our PRIME Fanless is schedule for release on market for this August. Such a first on the market needs a lot of work and our team prefers to make it great than to launch a product that is not as good as they would like. I'm sure your patience will be rewarded.
Thank you very much for your interest in our product.

Best Regards,
Thanks for the feedback Seasonic Rep, tell them the most important thing that past fanless suffer was coil whine, and for someone looking for a fanless PSU, this ruins it, Seasonic X 460/440/520 were wonderful PSU from a design and performance standpoint, but lot of user reported coil whine, which defeated the purpose of having a fanless psu. Personally i have settled for Prime 650, more so because its going to be a gaming build, and i prefer to have the fan as a safety net just in case the day is too hot. That said im looking forward to see how the fanless 600 turns out, as its been in development for more than year extra over the fanned brothers.

Abula

Post by Abula » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:58 am

@Seasonic Rep,

Can you confirm the Seasonic Prime Titanium fan control is based on temperature or load?

Seasonic Rep
-- Vendor --

Post by Seasonic Rep » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Abula wrote:@Seasonic Rep,

Can you confirm the Seasonic Prime Titanium fan control is based on temperature or load?
Hello,

It's based on both temperature and load.

Best Regards,

awitko

Post by awitko » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:07 am

Thanks for the reply @Seasonic Rep

I do hope that it will be worth the wait. The customer demographic who buy the fanless model want utterly silent operation and I hope you have used the extra year so to achieve that. Would not want coil whine to spoil it. Hope you will send a sample to SPCR for testing and review.

Alex

Seasonic Rep
-- Vendor --

Post by Seasonic Rep » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:41 pm

awitko wrote:Thanks for the reply @Seasonic Rep

I do hope that it will be worth the wait. The customer demographic who buy the fanless model want utterly silent operation and I hope you have used the extra year so to achieve that. Would not want coil whine to spoil it. Hope you will send a sample to SPCR for testing and review.

Alex
Hello Alex,

We are currently still working on the Fanless version of the Titanium and we want to achieve the best results possible for this model. For SPCR, if they want to test one, we will be glad to send them one. Still few months to wait for the release on market.

Thank you.

Mackan

Post by Mackan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:59 am

Seasonic Rep wrote:
awitko wrote:Thanks for the reply @Seasonic Rep

Alex
Hello Alex,

We are currently still working on the Fanless version of the Titanium and we want to achieve the best results possible for this model. For SPCR, if they want to test one, we will be glad to send them one. Still few months to wait for the release on market.

Thank you.
So it has slipped again? I figured since August is almost over, and nothing. Still remember that Anandtech article in June telling that the unit is in mass production and available in a few stores in EU. That author had no clue, apparently.

I'll reiterate what others said about coil whine. I hope the time delay is because you are testing as many configurations as possible to investigate and eliminate coil whine. Still, I don't know what is taking so long. Literally been waiting since CES 2016.

Seasonic Rep
-- Vendor --

Post by Seasonic Rep » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:28 am

Mackan wrote:
So it has slipped again? I figured since August is almost over, and nothing. Still remember that Anandtech article in June telling that the unit is in mass production and available in a few stores in EU. That author had no clue, apparently.

I'll reiterate what others said about coil whine. I hope the time delay is because you are testing as many configurations as possible to investigate and eliminate coil whine. Still, I don't know what is taking so long. Literally been waiting since CES 2016.
Hello Mackan,

The PSU is now planned for the end of the year. As you have noticed, there are not so many Titanium on the market with low wattage as if you want to reach a good efficiency, quality and low wattage, it needs a lot of efforts to achieve this. If you add the fact that this PRIME is planned to be totally fanless, it's even harder to achieve such efficiency for such a "low" wattage. This is why, our engineering team is still working hard and they will allow the release on market only when product will be fully ready. A mater of few months now.

Thank you for your interest in our product.
Best Regards,

Mackan

Post by Mackan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:28 am

Seasonic Rep wrote: Hello Mackan,

The PSU is now planned for the end of the year. As you have noticed, there are not so many Titanium on the market with low wattage as if you want to reach a good efficiency, quality and low wattage, it needs a lot of efforts to achieve this. If you add the fact that this PRIME is planned to be totally fanless, it's even harder to achieve such efficiency for such a "low" wattage. This is why, our engineering team is still working hard and they will allow the release on market only when product will be fully ready. A mater of few months now.

Thank you for your interest in our product.
Best Regards,
Hi,

It seems the 600W fanless PSU has been officially released now? I can see it in stock. However, I haven't seen any news about the launch, or reviews. I plan to go ahead and buy one, but would be nice with at least one review up somewhere.

Seasonic Rep
-- Vendor --

Post by Seasonic Rep » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:10 am

Hello Mackan,

Yes, Fanless Titanium is now released on market and sample for reviewers are now shipped from our resellers. So you can expect some reviews before Christmas.

Best Regards,

Mackan

Post by Mackan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 pm

Seasonic Rep wrote:Hello Mackan,

Yes, Fanless Titanium is now released on market and sample for reviewers are now shipped from our resellers. So you can expect some reviews before Christmas.

Best Regards,
Good to know. :) Do you know if this fanless unit uses inline capacitors on the cables? I would prefer if there are no capacitors on the cables.

Seasonic Rep
-- Vendor --

Post by Seasonic Rep » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Mackan wrote:
Seasonic Rep wrote:Hello Mackan,

Best Regards,
Good to know. :) Do you know if this fanless unit uses inline capacitors on the cables? I would prefer if there are no capacitors on the cables.
Hello Mackan,

I'm not aware of any inline capacitors with this model.

Thank you.
Best Regards,

UPDATE: I have to correct this as PRIME Fanless is based on PRIME Platform and will have inline capacitors.

Seasonic Rep
-- Vendor --

Post by Seasonic Rep » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Hello Mackan,

Two updates for you:

- Inline capacitor is only on the motherboad cable.
- A first review is available here: https://www.kitguru.net/components/powe ... -review/6/

Thank you.
Best Regards,

Abula

Post by Abula » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:50 am

Hi Seasonic Rep,

Care to tell us whats the difference between the two Prime Titanium series? Seems the ULTRA is newer, but what really change? here is an example,

SSR-750TR - SeaSonic Electronics Prime Ultra Titanium Series 750W 80 Plus Titanium Modular ATX Power Supply
SSR-750TD - SeaSonic Electronics PRIME Titanium 750W 80 Plus Titanium Modular Power Supply

Seasonic Rep
-- Vendor --

Post by Seasonic Rep » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:36 pm

Abula wrote:Hi Seasonic Rep,

Care to tell us whats the difference between the two Prime Titanium series? Seems the ULTRA is newer, but what really change? here is an example,

SSR-750TR - SeaSonic Electronics Prime Ultra Titanium Series 750W 80 Plus Titanium Modular ATX Power Supply
SSR-750TD - SeaSonic Electronics PRIME Titanium 750W 80 Plus Titanium Modular Power Supply
Hello Abula,

PRIME Ultra is replacing the current PRIME Series. I may suggest that you read our news about it and I'm sure you will have all info you need. If not, kindly let me know.

Thank you.
Best Regards,

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:49 pm

cool