wtf with Tagan?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

ZMAJ

wtf with Tagan?

Post by ZMAJ » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:42 pm

I've just realised that there is no tagan PSUs in reccomand list so I guess there was no Tagan PSUs reviwed on SPCR.

Why is that so?

Here in croatia are tagans pretty expenisive and popular PSUs along with antecs/seasonics/corsairs/coolermaster/fortrons

qviri

Post by qviri » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:12 pm

They have reviewed the EasyCon XL 700 W, but didn't find it inspiring.

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:15 pm

This is the one and only Tagan PSU reviewed by SPCR.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article713-page1.html

And if you skip to the important part on page 4, you will find that its rather noisy...... yes its a 700W PSU which is twice as much as the average PC will use at max load but this is a loud PSU at just 40W power usage.

Its quite efficient, but also quite hot. All-in-all if you really need 700W (or just 40Watts) of power buy something else.

I look forward to more SPCR reviews of Tagan PSU's in the future, but SPCR need to be sent the PSU's in the firt place, as they can not afford to go out and buy samples of everything that they review.

Regarding the review, I can testify that a friend of mines 430ish Watt Tagan is noisy and hot, and he thought that was quiet at the time, he now considers that really loud compared to his Seasonic S12 430W PSU.

Andy

ZMAJ

Post by ZMAJ » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:09 pm

well I was just wondering why there are no tagans on SPCR (they don't like them or what)

qviri

Post by qviri » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:25 pm

They have received one review sample, and they didn't like it.

treker

Very Happy with My Super Quiet Tagan 480W

Post by treker » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:41 am

I've had my Tagan for over 3 years of super quiet reliable operation. I like it as well as my new Corsair HX520W. In fact, in my Antec Solo case the Tagan with its front/rear fan arrangement makes it easy for ducting using some stiff cardboard, making a separation chamber for psu. The Corsair with its downfacing fan makes this harder...upside down mount would work but I have very little clearance from top of case to fan.

I don't know why SPCR doesn't like Tagans. Mine works. Reliable. Quiet.