So, probably I will go with 850 EVO 500GB. Is there any special care I should take when installing the new SSD? It will be my first SSD and at least I know that SSDs are a little different than HDD. A good guide for a newbie @SSD world.
Personally i used to follow a lot of ssd optimization guides, but i no longer do it, there are things that i really dont want to lose, and really ssds work really well on their own, there is no need to do anything special, i still do the following on a new installation,
1) Make sure you bios is on ACHI for the sata, else you wont get trim, this is very important to do before installing windows.
2) Make sure you disable the defrag schedule on the ssd.
3) If you download a lot, for example torrents, move the download folder to a mechanical hdd.
3) If you don't need hibernation, disable it. To me SSDs are so fast to boot, that i no longer use sleep nor hibernation.
4) If you don't need system restore, disable it. It till give you a space back. This is tricky as for some people this feature is important, to me its not, if i screwed the OS i simply reformat.