No Vibe 3

Silencing hard drives, optical drives and other storage devices

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

jinu117

No Vibe 3

Post by jinu117 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:08 pm

I just got mine and tested it out.
My case has direct air intake infront of HDD bay so drive was running really cool 30-33c.
The sound I was hearing from case as well as minor vibration I felt through the case I thought was turbulances and location of fan (its really quiet currently... ALL the fans are Vantec stealth running at 800-1250 RPM, esoteric mounted, I've neatly cable tied most of wires out of airpath's way, GPU is using Zalman Passive, etc). I kind of regretted ordering No Vibe 3 yesterday... what a difference!
1) There is no vibration anywhere in case I can feel with no vibe 3! Simply amazing. I can't believe those little vibration I felt throughout the case was actually from single HDD.
2) Sound level has gone down by 2wice. Keep in mind, this case is extremely quiet before... virtually silent now. The only noise I hear now is the air passing through unless I put my ear next to 10 inch of intake/exhaust. I am defraggin as I type this and even that noise is minimized by at least twice to three times. (It also helps now that it is sitting in 5 1/4 bay where there is no direct exit out of sound I bet)
3) HDD temp goes from 34-44 now. I think I can live with that.

My 180GXP now is quieter than Seagate Cuda IV without novibe 3. Good stuff indeed.

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:14 pm

You sound so surprised! Had you not read the review? Or the storage articlesand posts that refer to drive suspension? The NoVibes is a good product.

jinu117

Post by jinu117 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:24 pm

MikeC wrote:You sound so surprised! Had you not read the review? Or the storage articlesand posts that refer to drive suspension? The NoVibes is a good product.
Why do you think I got it ? :lol:
However, I didn't expect ALL this noise was from HDD. (basically sounded same even when I was using cuda vs 180GXP) Since Cuda is supposed to be 20-30% more silent than 180GXP I figured it was something else... how wrong I was.