NoVibes III leaves open space in bays (cannot use bay cover)

Silencing hard drives, optical drives and other storage devices

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

sw0mgt

NoVibes III leaves open space in bays (cannot use bay cover)

Post by sw0mgt » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Does the NoVibes 3 leave the 5.25" bays completely wide open, letting all the sound insulation of the case escape? Anyone think that's kind of pointless? Why wouldn't they design it so the drive bay can fit over the frame, allowing you to close off the open spaces around the bay? I used some sound insulating foam to close off the empty space.

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Re: NoVibes III leaves open space in bays (cannot use bay co

Post by andyb » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:47 am

Does the NoVibes 3 leave the 5.25" bays completely wide open, letting all the sound insulation of the case escape? Anyone think that's kind of pointless? Why wouldn't they design it so the drive bay can fit over the frame, allowing you to close off the open spaces around the bay? I used some sound insulating foam to close off the empty space.
Below is the SPCR review, as you see from the pictures, the "NoVibes 3" product does nothing at all to stop airborne sound, just vibrations. This product will allow the 5.25" drive bay on the front of your PC to stay in its usual place so you wont see the HDD from the outside of your PC.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article39-page1.html

The drive that you are considering using this product with depends on how much a difference the "No Vibes 3" will make.

Please post the case that you have and the drive you are planning to use "NoVibes 3" with and we can advise you further.

Andy

sw0mgt

Post by sw0mgt » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Ft02. I can't fit the drive bay cover and the novibes together. Doesn't seem like there's enough room

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:03 am

Ft02. I can't fit the drive bay cover and the novibes together. Doesn't seem like there's enough room
There might not be enough depth in the top slot judging by the pictures, or perhaps you are looking at the wrong screw holes, 3.5" drive to 5.25" adapters often have loads of holes, slide it out and measure up the holes against the outside of the case.

I hope you find a solution to this as you should be able to fit the drive bay cover back on.

Andy