Antec Performance CPU Cooler

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

frugal_guy

Antec Performance CPU Cooler

Post by frugal_guy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:25 pm

Is anyone aware of any reviews on the Antec Performance CPU Cooler?

I just happened to see it on Antec's site today and don't remember hearing anything about it before. Is it new?

Hmm, I just read the specifications and it is small, fairly light, and has a fast, noisy 70mm fan. Off hand, I would suspect that it's no better than the stock CPU fans. Why would they bother making such a thing?

When I googled it, I found a couple of Canadian sites that would special order it. NCIX had it for $30.77 CDN.

Small, noisy, not cheap. What a deal! :)

Vulcan

Re: Antec Performance CPU Cooler

Post by Vulcan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:42 am

frugal_guy wrote:Is anyone aware of any reviews on the Antec Performance CPU Cooler?

I just happened to see it on Antec's site today and don't remember hearing anything about it before. Is it new?

Hmm, I just read the specifications and it is small, fairly light, and has a fast, noisy 70mm fan. Off hand, I would suspect that it's no better than the stock CPU fans. Why would they bother making such a thing?

When I googled it, I found a couple of Canadian sites that would special order it. NCIX had it for $30.77 CDN.

Small, noisy, not cheap. What a deal! :)
While it might not be the best thing around, it would definatly be an upgrade from stock coolers. I think it has a good bit of potential if you removed the stock fan and ducted it to an exhast fan or something. Just because its small doesn't mean it waon't perform decently.

mbetea

Post by mbetea » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:23 pm

I'm wondering when Antec will come out with a nice big sink that comes with their cases. Something that can be secured to the case itself and will easily allow passive cooling.