It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Arctic Freezer 33 CO vs Cryorig H7
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:10 am 

What the title says.

I am looking for a low cost, efficient and low-noise solution to cooling an AMD 2400G AM4 cpu.

Arctic Freezer 33 CO is available at 26 Euros https://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/freezer-33-co.html
Cryorig H7 is available at 32 Euros. http://www.cryorig.com/h7_us.php

If I were to go higher it would only be for the Thermalright HR02 at 42 Euros (still considering it actually), but I am trying to save as much as possible, given my lower TDP cooling needs

I've read good, positive reviews for both, but I am undecided because well I don't trust these reviews as much as I trust SPCR's

One negative thing about the Freezer 33 CO might be that the metal bars used to secure it to the motherboard seem not to be of really high quality and I've read people saying how they bend (more permanently) when used...
...on the good side, Warranty is 6 years...and the thermal-paste in the box is top-notch.

Cryorig H7 is more expensive but apart from some difficulty when installing, I haven't read anything negative, quality-wise.

Regarding the FAN, both have low-rpm fans but I don't really know how they compare, never seen a direct comparison

...I don't want them to run over 13-14db so whichever may offer the best temps at that noise-level and with the best sound-character, I guess would be the better choice.