diy badong

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

jhh

diy badong

Post by jhh » Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:28 am

I just notided this http://www.diy.com/bq/product/product.j ... TID=176720 at diy.com. Maybe a bit wide at 10cm, but would be just about right if you use a 92mm fan over CPU.

GamingGod

Post by GamingGod » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:06 am

Im actually looking for something similar to that. Im trying to duct air in from the bottom of the case and connect it to the fan. And build a shroud similar to what dell uses to go around the cpu heatsink and attach to the back exhaust fan to get rid of all the hotair before it contaminates the rest of the case. Then the power supply only has to worry about removing heat that the videocard and harddrive create. But I dont know about using alluminum ducting cause if it touched the mobo all hell would break loose wouldnt it? Could always use plastic ducting material though. But whoa those duct convertors/connectors are exactly what ive been looking for, you think they sell these kinda things at hardware stores?

jhh

Post by jhh » Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:10 am

I'd guess so, or you could always try to find a friendly pluber/duct maker guy. All those bits on the site just click together.

We've got builders in our apmt so I'm trying to persuade the landlady that the back room needs a duct putting it - I'd redirect it to my PC of course ;). Excessive? well, yes, but it'd mean at least a 10 degree temp drop across the range.