Silencing Vantec Aeroflow even more

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

alexb

Silencing Vantec Aeroflow even more

Post by alexb » Thu May 29, 2003 9:38 am

I've bougth a Vantec Aeroflow since it got good review for being silent and also great cooling capabailities. Since I am planning to OC my new Barton, I need good cooling. So, how can I make Aeroflow quieter while keeping it as effective? If I get a Panaflow would I lose some cooling on this? What else can I do?

powergyoza
Patron of SPCR

Post by powergyoza » Thu May 29, 2003 3:18 pm

My best suggestion would be to try and use air that is as cool as possible for the Aeroflow intake. That might mean ducting in fresh air and/or optimizing case airflow. Search the forums for the words "duct*", "undervolt*", "temp*", etc...

You should be able to undervolt the fan a little extra and further reduce noise.

If your using the blower w/ an Aeroflow HS, you may be giving up a few degrees of cooling. The SLK-800/900 is still a more efficient heatsink.

phuntism

Post by phuntism » Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:10 am

I read a review somewhere on the internet where after putting his Aeroflow at 7 volts, the reviewer lost much of the noise and only gained 3 degrees C. I have done this to my own Aeroflow, and have happily acheived similar results.

alexb

Post by alexb » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:27 pm

phuntism wrote:I read a review somewhere on the internet where after putting his Aeroflow at 7 volts, the reviewer lost much of the noise and only gained 3 degrees C. I have done this to my own Aeroflow, and have happily acheived similar results.
How can I do that?