Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Matija

Psychic Batman!

Post by Matija » Fri May 08, 2009 12:33 am

It's called "AVC Extra-Sensory Perception (ESP) Integrating"

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cooler ... c-esp.html
Print: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cooler ... c-esp.html

ImageImage

Edit: LOL, this is my 666th post! Maybe it's an evil psychic Batman.

Olle P

Post by Olle P » Fri May 08, 2009 7:02 am

Looks noisy!

/Olle

blackworx
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by blackworx » Sun May 10, 2009 11:29 am

I can totally see them getting sued for that :twisted:

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Sun May 10, 2009 4:14 pm

I can see the fin design cross-section actually being effective over a square shape. As we know most of the air is blown through a fan is blown through near the outsides rather than the centre of the fan. This design seems embrace this, (although over elaborate) with its low centre pressure and low outside pressure near a heatpipes, the thermal transfer to the fins vs pressure vs airflow looks pretty good (still no idea about the fin spacing etc).

Only a test by SPCR can realy measure it benefits to us silence seekers - but having read X-Bit labs testing in 30-seconds it looks pretty good.

Andy

Post by 1398342003 » Sat May 23, 2009 6:25 pm

andyb wrote:I can see the fin design cross-section actually being effective over a square shape. As we know most of the air is blown through a fan is blown through near the outsides rather than the centre of the fan. This design seems embrace this, (although over elaborate) with its low centre pressure and low outside pressure near a heatpipes, the thermal transfer to the fins vs pressure vs airflow looks pretty good (still no idea about the fin spacing etc).

Only a test by SPCR can realy measure it benefits to us silence seekers - but having read X-Bit labs testing in 30-seconds it looks pretty good.

Andy
I disagree. Firstly, on the intake side the air will follow the path of least resistance, so it will avoid the 'blades' of the fins as much as possible. Second, air at the top and bottom center will pass less heatsink. Third, on the exaust side air will tend to flow in an expanding cone, avoiding much of the fins area in the middle of the sink.