Is it possible to take off hs & fan for MSI Ti4400? &

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

drfinalfantasy
Friend of SPCR

Is it possible to take off hs & fan for MSI Ti4400? &

Post by drfinalfantasy » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:09 pm

Hello, I am just wondering if it is possible to take off that huge hs and loud arse fan on my video card and if it is possible wat coolers would you guys recommend since I think my video card gets quite hot. Thanks a lot

Eric

Dr.CrackEnHore

Post by Dr.CrackEnHore » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:03 pm

Everyone seems to like the heatpipe vga cooler from Zalman. No fan = no noise.

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:34 pm

You can definitely take it off. Some people recommend putting it in the freezer in a bag, but I prefer the "Get it hot and slide it off" method. Essentially, I benchmark the card for a few minutes to get it good and hot, then I turn the PC off, pop out the card and the gunk is typically pretty soft now. Make sure you use small needlenose pliers to remove the push pin jobbies. I removed mine before I benchmarked, but thats up to you.

The Zalman ZM80A is nice, but I think it still needs some type of good airflow over it. Whether that be a low speed fan pointed directly at it, or excellent overall case airflow. Also, the ZM17 works well, uses epoxy, and would also need good airflow for the Ti cards. If you have the space, you can spread out the fins on the ZM17(would take a PCI slot or 2) for better airflow over the sink.

drfinalfantasy
Friend of SPCR

Kool Thanks

Post by drfinalfantasy » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:31 pm

I think i'm just goin to go with the ZM80 and point a zalman bracket 92mm fan down on it...that should do the trick i think...thx miker

eric