Can Thermalright HR-02 be installed on Intel DH61DLB3

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Abula

Can Thermalright HR-02 be installed on Intel DH61DLB3

Post by Abula » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:29 am

Hi,

Im trying to build an HTPC and download station, ideally low power consuming with very little noise, I'm not going to OC this PC, just trying to build a small yet not as slow pc as the atoms netops, what im looking is,

1) That its stable, should be on 24/7.
2) That consumes the least possible electricity.
3) To be responsive via remote connection, i dont want something that takes ages to load/start.
4) Has to run windows.
5) Fairly quiet (no need for dead silent).
6) Keep the price down (not essential).

With this in mind im almost decided into what im buying,

CPU Intel Core i3-2100T (supose to have the same idle consumption as a atom/zacate with much better performance)
MOBO Intel DH61DLB3 (for my intended purpose i dont think ill benefit from a H67 and no OC so no P67/Z68)
MEMORY Corsair XMS3 4GB 1333MHz CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 (seems cheap and have had good experiences with corsair on memory).
CASE LIAN LI PC-Q08B (expensive but love the form factor).
HDD Hitachi Travelstar 5K750 0J11563 (low consumption drive, i had very good experiences with Hitachi on my laptops).
HEATSINK Thermalright HR-02 (would like to go fanless on the cpu but its ok if ends up needing a fan).
PSU picoPSU-150-XT + 102W Adapter Power Kit (i been reading good stuff from Pico, and seems more than enough for the setup).

If you have any suggestions that could be better, pls let me know,

But before ordering i was checking the pictures of the DH61DLB3 and some reviews of the HR02, and there is cylinder near the memory that idk if its going to allow mounting the heatsink, see picture below,

Heres a picture of the heatsink mounted,

Im a little worried in pics 3 n 4, the top mounting bracket seems higher than the caps and the memory, but its it enough to clear the cylinder?

I have heard that intels mobo are the lowest in power consumption, and i would prefer to have intel nic, this would be my choice if someone could confirm that i could mount the heatsink with the cylinder.

Thanks for any opinions, suggestions or advise,

ces

Re: Can Thermalright HR-02 be installed on Intel DH61DLB3

Post by ces » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:53 am

Send Thermalright an email and ask them.

Interestingly the NH-C12P SE14 specifically says that it is non-compatible with it:
http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=comp ... =35&lng=en

Teh Lurv

Post by Teh Lurv » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:33 pm

If the included mounting kit interferes with that speaker buzzer, you could perhaps try another revision of the 1156 heatsink like the AXP 140 1156 kit.

Teh Lurv

Post by Teh Lurv » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Teh Lurv wrote:If the included mounting kit interferes with that speaker buzzer, you could perhaps try another revision of the 1156 heatsink like the AXP 140 1156 kit.
EDIT: Not sure if the AXP 140 kit would work with the HR-2.

Abula

Post by Abula » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, but Thermalright got back to me the AXP 140 1156 bracket isnt compatible with the HR-02, but they also believe the normal HR02 should clear the speaker, but no one know for certain, if its a plain speaker i might just unsolder it if its really a big issue, but ill take my chances and see if the HR02, thanks for taking the time and suggesting.

ces

Post by ces » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Abula wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, but Thermalright got back to me the AXP 140 1156 bracket isnt compatible with the HR-02, but they also believe the normal HR02 should clear the speaker, but no one know for certain, if its a plain speaker i might just unsolder it if its really a big issue, but ill take my chances and see if the HR02, thanks for taking the time and suggesting.
I don't know if this helps, but here:
steviewonders wrote: I eventually got a response from Thermalright so i'll post my findings in case it benefits anyone searching for answers as i was. The HR-02 will fit any motherboard providing the north bridge heatsink is no higher than 48mm. I measured the heatsink on the 770-C45 and it will fit.

Abula

Post by Abula » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:51 pm

ces wrote:
Abula wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, but Thermalright got back to me the AXP 140 1156 bracket isnt compatible with the HR-02, but they also believe the normal HR02 should clear the speaker, but no one know for certain, if its a plain speaker i might just unsolder it if its really a big issue, but ill take my chances and see if the HR02, thanks for taking the time and suggesting.
I don't know if this helps, but here:
steviewonders wrote: I eventually got a response from Thermalright so i'll post my findings in case it benefits anyone searching for answers as i was. The HR-02 will fit any motherboard providing the north bridge heatsink is no higher than 48mm. I measured the heatsink on the 770-C45 and it will fit.
Thanks ces for responding all my threads, i think in height like the fins are fine, like i bought low height memory sticks and the northbridge is far and intels is ver low profile, but my doubt is on the components near the cpu, like the speaker, the 4pin pwm connector, maybe he caps or mobo front pannel connection, like everthing is cramp and close to the cpu socket due to the small itx size, but i think.... well i hope everything goes right. Thanks again for all your replies.