NH-D14 and Nexus Fans

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

farfromhome

NH-D14 and Nexus Fans

Post by farfromhome » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:22 pm

I am going to build a new computer shortly, and want to do what seemed to work very well for Mike in the NH-D14 review: use it with Nexus fans. However, I do not want to jury-rig them on as was done in the review if at all possible; is there any easier/better way to put the fans onto the NH-D14?

Also, I bought two normal Nexus fans and one Nexus PWM fan; do you recommend using one normal and PWM fan, two normal fans, or all three? For cooling a to-be overclocked 2600K, that three fans would be a bit overkill? And as for two normal fans vs one normal and one PWM, I've heard conflicting reports as to how quiet and efficient the PWM version is. So what would be the best combination? Thanks in advance!

Lsv

Re: NH-D14 and Nexus Fans

Post by Lsv » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Why can't you just use Nexus fans and use the Noctua fan clips the NH-D14 comes with?

farfromhome

Post by farfromhome » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:21 am

DIdn't know that it was possible. ;) I thought that if Mike went through the trouble of using wire to tie the fans to the heatsinks, simply using the stock clips must not work for some reason. I'll try that then, thanks!

Lsv

Post by Lsv » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:14 pm

farfromhome wrote:DIdn't know that it was possible. ;) I thought that if Mike went through the trouble of using wire to tie the fans to the heatsinks, simply using the stock clips must not work for some reason. I'll try that then, thanks!
They look like this, so they'll work with split style fan edges, not the straight through type.

I see no reason why you can't just take these out and use them with any fan?