Cooler Master GeminII M4

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Cod

Cooler Master GeminII M4

Post by Cod » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:44 am

Anyone know much about the Cooler Master GeminII M4? I saw a review over at HiTechLegion, but I haven't seen much more. The system is roughly the same size as the Big Shuriken. The benchmarks seem very similar to the NH-L12 and Big Shuriken; however, I've only seen one test / review and it didn't include any information about sound. The best part is the fact that the GeminII M4 can be had for about $10 USD less than the Big Shuriken.

Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

ces

Re: Cooler Master GeminII M4

Post by ces » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:08 am

Cod wrote:The benchmarks seem very similar to the NH-L12 and Big Shuriken;
It looks nice enough. I would be wary of comparing benchmarks from one site to those of another though.

Also, I would be a bit wary of the coolermaster 15 mm fan. 44 mm high, plus a 25mm fan, plus 25mm of breathing space for the fan = 144mm of space needed. That seems comparable to the requirements of the NH-L12 (with both fans) and Big Shuriken with a 25mm fan. The NH-L12 running with just the underfan would be much lower though and would need much less breathing room.

Cod

Re: Cooler Master GeminII M4

Post by Cod » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:35 pm

ces wrote:
Cod wrote:The benchmarks seem very similar to the NH-L12 and Big Shuriken;
It looks nice enough. I would be wary of comparing benchmarks from one site to those of another though.

Also, I would be a bit wary of the coolermaster 15 mm fan. 44 mm high, plus a 25mm fan, plus 25mm of breathing space for the fan = 144mm of space needed. That seems comparable to the requirements of the NH-L12 (with both fans) and Big Shuriken with a 25mm fan. The NH-L12 running with just the underfan would be much lower though and would need much less breathing room.
I'm not comparing the benchmarks between different sites (see LINK. Thanks for sharing the concerns about the bulkiness and size of the cooler. I didn't take all that into account when I was looking at the basics of the cooler.