It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Anyone have the new phantek (noctua lookalike)?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:07 am 

See a new noctua lookalike from Phantek. Early word looks good just curious if anyone here has it yet ?

Silverstone FT02 w/ Seasonic X750 Gold / WD 1TB Black /12gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 / Asus P6X58D Premium / Intel Core i7 975 Extreme / XFX HD5870 / Pioneer BD-205 Blu-Ray Burner / Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme / Gateway FHD2400 24" LCD

Post subject: Re: Anyone have the new phantek (noctua lookalike)?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:54 pm 

never heard of them. No buzz from any1

Post subject: Re: Anyone have the new phantek (noctua lookalike)?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:22 pm 

http://www.phanteksusa.com/PH-F140TS.html

That's the one I have. I use the Q2.S.A. with it, brings the speed down to ~750rpm. I also used the included soft mounts. The soft mounts were less than impressive, they didn't fit very snug, and due to the fan holes being slightly different than 120mm (I didn't want to pull it out just to measure again), the rubber mounts look crooked. I'm thinking about moving up to the Q.S.A. adapter because my temps are a little warmer than I want, but I'm otherwise satisfied with the fan, it is quiet, and moves a decent amount of air. I don't want to cut up the top of my case just yet, so the restrictive grill is problematic, but that's not a problem with the fan itself.

I'm happy with the fan itself, the Q.S.A. adapters are also a nice touch. I like the rubber pads that stick on the fan, but I would look for different rubber fan mounts to use. The 300mm cable was simply far too long, and lastly, the fan is only 3 pin, PWM would have been nicer.

I also got a pair of Noiseblocker E-Loop fans, and they have short cables, with your choice of long or short extensions. This kind of setup would be great to see on more fans (if any manufacturer is paying attention). I would put a 4" sleeved cable and include 6" and 8" extensions with the fan. Based on my current build, it would have simplified the wiring a lot.

|Dual Intel Xeon E5-2620-Xigmatek SD1283 DK-II|Asus Z9PA-D8-HR-05 IFX|WD 250gb Velociraptor SATA3|16gb DDR3-1600 ECC RDIMM|WD Blue 640GB SATA2 x2|Logitech K750|Logitech Wireless Mouse|nVidia GTX660ti 2GB|Antec HCG-750|NZXT Source 210 Elite|M-Audio ProFire 2626|Art TubeOpto8 with Smooth Plate Tube Swap|Avid Artist Mix x2|
FartingBob wrote:
A 9500GT with 1GB of RAM is the most pointless thing since NASCAR.