Anyone have the new phantek (noctua lookalike)?

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Hellspawn

Anyone have the new phantek (noctua lookalike)?

Post by Hellspawn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:07 am

See a new noctua lookalike from Phantek. Early word looks good just curious if anyone here has it yet ?

Happy Hopping

Re: Anyone have the new phantek (noctua lookalike)?

Post by Happy Hopping » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:54 pm

never heard of them. No buzz from any1

bonestonne

Re: Anyone have the new phantek (noctua lookalike)?

Post by bonestonne » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:22 pm

http://www.phanteksusa.com/PH-F140TS.html

That's the one I have. I use the Q2.S.A. with it, brings the speed down to ~750rpm. I also used the included soft mounts. The soft mounts were less than impressive, they didn't fit very snug, and due to the fan holes being slightly different than 120mm (I didn't want to pull it out just to measure again), the rubber mounts look crooked. I'm thinking about moving up to the Q.S.A. adapter because my temps are a little warmer than I want, but I'm otherwise satisfied with the fan, it is quiet, and moves a decent amount of air. I don't want to cut up the top of my case just yet, so the restrictive grill is problematic, but that's not a problem with the fan itself.

I'm happy with the fan itself, the Q.S.A. adapters are also a nice touch. I like the rubber pads that stick on the fan, but I would look for different rubber fan mounts to use. The 300mm cable was simply far too long, and lastly, the fan is only 3 pin, PWM would have been nicer.

I also got a pair of Noiseblocker E-Loop fans, and they have short cables, with your choice of long or short extensions. This kind of setup would be great to see on more fans (if any manufacturer is paying attention). I would put a 4" sleeved cable and include 6" and 8" extensions with the fan. Based on my current build, it would have simplified the wiring a lot.