Thermalright Archon SB-E X2

Cooling Processors quietly

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

lunadesign

Thermalright Archon SB-E X2

Post by lunadesign » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 am

Has anyone seen one of these for sale yet? Or any reviews? (Hint, hint, Lawrence....) :D

Mats

Re: Thermalright Archon SB-E X2

Post by Mats » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:44 am

Did you try thermalright.com ? ;)

http://www.chiphell.com/article-5770-6.html

lunadesign

Re: Thermalright Archon SB-E X2

Post by lunadesign » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Yes, I saw that but the review was a bit hard for me to follow, even after translating to English.

They compared an Archon SB-E (which comes with a single 150mm fan) to an Archon SB-E X2 (which comes with two 140mm fans). If I read it correctly, it seems that they compared them head-to-head with a single fan (presumably both were using a single 140mm fan) and the new one surprisingly beat the old one by a fair amount (presumably due to different fin counts/spacing or perhaps the old one really needs the 150mm fan). It also seems that adding the 2nd fan to the new one didn't make much of a difference. I would have love to see them compare these results to the old heatsink with its supplied 150mm fan.

Very interesting results but I'd love to see this heatsink get the SPCR treatment... :)

I also can't find this for sale anywhere. I'd ask Thermalright but I've never gotten a response from any of my e-mails in the past.