It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: scythe kozuti question
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:42 am 

Hello,

I have a question about the scythe kozuti, I think the dimensions are ideal for my case, however I have a core i5 3570k that I want to cool in an mini itx case. This looks like it can fit however the manufacturers site states that this is suitable for a 65w and below CPU. However I noticed that in the review http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1209-page4.html they used a 130w CPU although its not clear which case was used.

Would this be suitable to cool a 77w TDP processor in a small mini ITX case (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-027-IW&groupid=2362&catid=2293&subcat=) considering that it is designed for a 65w tdp but works fine with a 130w TDP processor?

If this is not a suitable cooler please can you suggest a similar one? in my case I have <70mm height to work with, however the length and width are constrained as I need access to the PCI-x port.

Regards

Post subject: Re: scythe kozuti question
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:43 pm 

I'd consider attaching a slim 100mm fan to the top of the Scythe Kozuti. It would still be under 55mm high, but have a little more cooling power than just the stock 80mm fan.

But even if you couldn't or didn't want to do that, you could undervolt the CPU to lower the temps a little under load. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:23 pm 

The "suitable for 65w CPUs" is assuming absolutely horrible case and ambient conditions. Mine could cool a 95w 2500K running P95+Furmark without issue. I was thinking about putting a 100mm fan on top, as mentioned here, but I gave the machine away before I got around to it.

I'm sad they discontinued it; it's a great little cooler.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:44 am 

Thats great Thanks I will order one and see how it goes, found a few on amazon