Silverstone TJ-06 stock 120mm versus Nexus?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ushac

Silverstone TJ-06 stock 120mm versus Nexus?

Post by ushac » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:36 am

I'm pretty satisfied with the sound level of the 120mm fans included with my Silverstone TJ-06 case. However, since (like most here) I'm getting more and more obsessive over noise I'm thinking about switching to Nexus fans instead. Is it worth it? They're quite expensive and I'll have to ship them internationally too (haven't found any reseller in Sweden so far)... Any experiences with Nexus in this case?

/ushac

Aleksi
Friend of SPCR

Post by Aleksi » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:45 am

Just off the top of my head, aren't those fans ADDA's? They seem to vary in quality quite a bit. Maybe you could try Yate Loons instead of Nexus?

The Nexus 120mm fans are made by Yate Loon. They are based on the Yate Loon D12SL-12 model which spins at about 1350RPM. They apparently add an inline resistor inside the fan to slow it down to 1000RPM (Nexus).

The Nexus fans seem to have a bit better quality consistency between samples, but this doesn’t mean the Yate Loons are bad, not at all. You can get Yate Loons from our very own Silencio

ushac

Post by ushac » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:00 am

No, the stock fans are from Everflow. They're not the standard everflow fans though. I bought one of those and it was really awful. The stock tj-06 fans are basically inaudible up to 5-6v (I think, at just above minimum setting on zalman fanmate 2 anyway).

Yate Loon is a good tip. Thank you. I'll try finding those in Sweden...

/ushac

Aleksi
Friend of SPCR

Post by Aleksi » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:00 am

Hi Ushac,

Silencio will give you a SPCR discount on those fans, also the shipping is only a few euros.

frankgehry

Post by frankgehry » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:14 am

The tj-06 fans were tested here in the tj-06 case review. I don't think a nexus would be much of an improvement.