Sharkoon Silent Eagle - Madshrimp review

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

dragmor

Sharkoon Silent Eagle - Madshrimp review

Post by dragmor » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:51 pm

No idea if the golf ball pattern helps but the results look decent.

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getart ... rticID=354

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:39 pm

Hmm where is a non sharkoon fan for comparison?

What's this arctic silver lumiere? Since a normal users wouldn't use it why test with it? I know it settles faster and but there' no way to duplicate his setup sinc ei can't find a place to buy it.

That's all i see after a glance but madshrimps has some sketchy reviews.

dfrost

Post by dfrost » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:23 pm

... but madshrimps has some sketchy reviews.
I'll disagree with that. Their extensive comparison of many current CPU coolers is the only one I've found that compares both cooling capacity and noise with common fans (where possible) across a very broad range of coolers. Agreed that the testing is not as comprehensive in depth as SPCR's, but at least I have some confidence that the results are sufficiently consistent for comparison purposes. And they show their test setup, identify ambient conditions, and attempt to give a cost/benefit perspective.

RDaneel

Post by RDaneel » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:24 pm

You beat me to posting the link! :)

They look like pretty quiet fans, if the specs can be believed. The golf ball speckling looks like a gimmick, but if it works, I'll buy a couple...

jmke
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by jmke » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:28 pm

I didn't see this thread before..
DryFire wrote: That's all i see after a glance but madshrimps has some sketchy reviews.
I'm insulted please show me where we are just having "sketchy" reviews posted?

about the Lumiere, it's used for a reason, break in time of 30minutes mean I can recreate EXACTER settings, since you need to wait several DAYS for ordinary Arctic Silver for it to settle. Lumiere = fast settling AS5 , which is available everywhere. it has the same performance.
DryFire wrote: Hmm where is a non sharkoon fan for comparison?
hmmm.. why didn't you READ the review? ah yes... just "glanced" and then I start to wonder why I should even bother replying.

dfrost wrote:. Agreed that the testing is not as comprehensive in depth as SPCR's
I disagree, measuring CFM without proper testing material is impossible :( ; I have an anemometer but getting any usable data from it which is CORRECT is not possible; SPCR might use it, but holding the meter by hand in front of the fan blades and hoping for the best is not exactly my idea of getting usable data :)

the only other way to test air movement is seeing how well it cools a heatsink. lower temps = more CFM :)