I dont care about my fan speeds at all
No votes
Im happy with the way they come
7%

Total votes: 27

DJ RA

Best AUTOMATIC Fan Controller?

Post by DJ RA » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:49 am

I am going to be purchasing a p182 case and Noctua fans for there silence. and Its annoying to have to manually control your fans, Im looking for a Fan controller with these requirements

1. Automatically controls temps of fans based on temp probes

2. No software driven fan controllers,most don't have 64 bit support.

These are what ive found so far, but I don't know what temps make the fans spin at what speeds, also i dont know there accuracy

Gatewatch 2
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/aega2bl.html

Easy Watch
http://www.aerocool.us/p-peripheral/eas ... ywatch.htm

Sunbeam Theta (would be good, but its software controlled)
http://www.sunbeamtech.com/PRODUCTS/The ... _tp101.htm

If anyone has used these or know something better please let me know, I dont care what it looks like, I just want it to do its job well. Thanks guys!

--Chris

Putnam

Post by Putnam » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:54 am

Hi,

I recently bought a T-Balancer bigNG and cannot say enough good things about it.

http://t-balancer.com/english/bng.htm

It fits your needs as it's hardware based, you just do a one-time configuration with the supplied software, it updates the settings over the USB connection and then from there it runs itself. I recommend it very highly, it's worth the $$$.

DJ RA

wow

Post by DJ RA » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:04 pm

Sweet! Thats perfect!
Do you know if the T-Balancer miniNG requires only an initial programming as well?

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:31 pm

Curious.....how did you conclude the Theta might be a good solution? While it looks good in theory, I have never read even one good review of the thing. Every single review mentions software glitches, of the serious nature.

DJ RA

Post by DJ RA » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:55 pm

As i said, it was a possibility, I was just waiting for opinions, and I got them. I didnt know if it was good or bad. but its looking like im getting a Tbalacer

Nick Geraedts
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Nick Geraedts » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:11 pm

I've tried the Sunbeam Theta, and all I can say is stay away. The software they provide you with works, but is horribly buggy, and the general implementation of the system is just bad. The card takes up a PCI slot, but you still need to plug the device in via USB... a bit of a PITA if you ask me.

fabre

Post by fabre » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:25 pm

The T-balancer is the best option if you want an external controller.

If you are upgrading your motherboard as well you might want to look at an Abit with uGuru, it basically offer the same functionality as a controller.

The IP35-Pro for example has 6 fans headers than can individually adjust speed according to CPU , System or HD temperature.
Speed variation is 30% to 100% for the cpu fan and 50% to 100% for the other fans.

CountChoculaBot

Post by CountChoculaBot » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:18 pm

Is 64bit support the only reason you don't want software fan controllers? B/C the latest version of Speedfan has a digitally signed 64 bit driver for Vista. It also has the most accurate temps, since it reads the core temps reported by the mobo, and doesn't rely on temp probes.

4.32 - added a digitally signed 64 bit driver (fully tested under Vista 64 bit)

Putnam

Re: wow

Post by Putnam » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:33 am

DJ RA wrote:Sweet! Thats perfect!
Do you know if the T-Balancer miniNG requires only an initial programming as well?
Yes, it operates the same way - configure once via USB, then it runs on it's own. I believe the difference between the bigNG and the miniNG is th enumber of fans / temp probes each one supports.

Das_Saunamies
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Das_Saunamies » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:36 am

All the T-Balancers are the same software-wise. Count my vote for the wonderful little things - and if you're going to get one, recommend the BigNG for best value. Never know when you'll need the initial extras and it has better resale value in case you'll ever want to let it go.

Not that you would, trust me. :D

cmthomson

Post by cmthomson » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:00 pm

I use a combination of SpeedFan and NoiseMagic3 controllers. Set and forget...

Rebellious

PWM Fan Hub

Post by Rebellious » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:00 pm