How to wire these>>>??

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

skizman

How to wire these>>>??

Post by skizman » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:36 pm

Could someone please tell me how to wire these three things together??
Case fan
110v to 12vdc converter
speed controller
I tried but I don't have a clue how to wire these. This isn't intended for use in a pc.
Thank You!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vicotnik
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: How to wire these>>>??

Post by Vicotnik » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:45 pm

Product specifications for the fan and the controller would be useful. Less guesswork. ;)

If that's a 4pin PWM fan then the four wires from the fan will be +12v, ground, PWM and RPM. You can ignore PWM and RPM.

First try to get the fan to spin at +12v by connecting the fan +12v wire (yellow maybe, or red?) to the red wire from the power supply and the fan ground wire (black) to the black wire from the power supply. The fan should then spin at full speed. I think most PWM fan run at full speed when they get 12 volts and no PWM signal.

If you can get that to work, then connect the fan controller in series with the fan and the power supply. The controller has three wires and I guess they are in, out and common ground. PSU red to the controller input, PSU black to controller ground. Fan +12v wire to controller output and fan ground to controller ground.

Good luck!

skizman

Re: How to wire these>>>??

Post by skizman » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:13 am

Hey....thanks for much!!!!!!!!!! You gave me good info to work with. Took me awhile but I wired it all......and it works!
Whew!!!!!!
Thanks!!!