Check this beauty out

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

rally

Check this beauty out

Post by rally » Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:26 am

Just came across this, looks awesome too:

http://www.bit-tech.net/review/147

I wonder if the fan can be replaced with a panaflo...

ChiefWeasel

Post by ChiefWeasel » Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:50 am

Looks shiny :shock: :P The spec compares well to the higher powered papst and panaflo i think, but to be honest i dont really see why people need fans that are this powerful... All my fans are lower power than this AND undervolted, and im running a P4 2.4G so its not slow either :)

But your question as to whether a panaflo could replace it, i think the panaflo would be better :)

quokked

Post by quokked » Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:59 am

very nice fan :D http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/evice12.html side winder computers sells a 120MM fan that is all plastic but the colour of it looks sweetttt... I wonder who'll be the 1st here to build a quiet chrome PC setup :)

Red Dawn

Post by Red Dawn » Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:51 am

Subzerotech's review

As stated in the review:

As for noise, I really didn't notice it putting out much more than your average fan. When listening real close to the fan, you can hear a high-pitched whine, but this is not noticeable when inside the case.

I've come to think that average is never a good sign, of anything really, and so I'm a bit skeptical as to what the end result (usage in a quiet pc system) might be, don't expect any wonders at least...

But that aside, I really like the looks of those fans, if only they'd make lower-rpm/more quiet fan solutions, then I'd be hooked.

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Sat Oct 19, 2002 7:22 am

average is never a good sign, of anything really
Totally agree. Seems to me the average hardware reviewer is so used to having a room full of thrumming whining humming noisy computers. They can't possibly be good judges about quiet stuff. One major reason this site was begun. :wink: