what's cpu temp with panaflo (L) fan at 12V compared to 7v?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

nerotek

what's cpu temp with panaflo (L) fan at 12V compared to 7v?

Post by nerotek » Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:23 pm

just wondering the temp difference... if the difference is minimal, i would like to run the fan at 7v... thx!

deeseeel

Post by deeseeel » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:10 am

Are you using the panaflo as a CPU heatsink fan or a case fan? What HSF are you using? Which CPU? So many variables...

Assuming CPU heat sink: odds are they're going to be higher. But it may acceptable in your configuration.

I've tried it before on a Athlon 1800 with a PAL 8045 and that brought up the CPU temperature a couple of degrees (around 5C if memory serves me right). While that is within the thermal spec of the CPU, it was not desirable for other reasons in that situation.

nerotek

Post by nerotek » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:35 am

thx deeseeel... yeah i got the pal8045 too and i'm planning to use it as a cpu fan... i 5v it and the temp went up 10 C... that's why i wondered if i should even consider 7v at all... i was thinking about getting a zalman zm-f1 (http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/cnpsfan2.htm) and run it at 5v... for my system i set it up where i got a 5/12v switch for 3 fans... 1 intake 120mm fan, 1 exhaust 120mm fan, and 1 80mm cpu fan...

5v during normal op... and i can turn it up to 12v when i loaded it up for gaming or maybe overclocking (i havent unlock the cpu yet)...