PAPST Fans

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Mack 10

PAPST Fans

Post by Mack 10 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:34 pm

Any one had any experience with these fans? I'm looking at getting the 80mm ones that have a noise rating of 10-19 Dba and pump out 15.9 - 26.5 CFM - and its all sett to a thermo thingy that starts the fan at 30 degrees Celcius and gets it to a max speed at 50 degrees C! They sound pretty good but I want to hear from people before I order them in - like how much did you pay for them and are they as quiet as they sound?

ChiefWeasel

Post by ChiefWeasel » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:09 am

I have 2 of the 19dB papsts and 2 of the 12dB ones. Neither are temp controlled ones thou. I found that they are certainly too loud when run at 12V permanently. If you have one running on your CPU HS with the thermistor in your HS, that should work perfectly. (There is just no way round needing a higher CFM when stressing your CPU!) If you use the other as a case fan i would imagine that it would stay at around 7V, cos your case shouldnt get near 50*C. I paid about £15($25?) each for mine, but im in the UK...

They are very good fans, and papst or panaflo are what everyone uses for quiet fans. How much are you gonna be getting them for?