New Verax fan design

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

rally

New Verax fan design

Post by rally » Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:12 pm

Just came across this very interesting fan design, shame the text is not in english:

http://www.materiel.be/refroid/verax/intro.php

isochar

Post by isochar » Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:07 pm

DarkLord

Post by DarkLord » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:32 pm

Those fans aren't particularly new. They are just the standard verax fans that have been around for some month. There seems to be a new one, but the only thing I currently know of it is that it is made of blue plastic instead of black... not sure if the design of this unit is any new at all.

But this is not really a bad thing though ;) The Verax are indeed very interesting designs. I guess it depends on your application: The Verax don't provide too much airflow but are indeed pretty quiet. So if it is sufficent for you they should be really worth a try, even though pretty expensive. But many people prefer slow-spinning Papst or even Panaflos over them (whatever is available to you best) since they provide considerably more airflow while not beeing particularly louder (at least, so I'm told, never had the pleasure of testing a Verax myself).

Maybe just run the verax.de homepage through babelfish (or whatever) if you want some specific information about them.