Panaflo FBA08A12L in the uk

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

jhh

Panaflo FBA08A12L in the uk

Post by jhh » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:28 am

Is there anywhere I can get these fans over here I've looked but most places want £10 or more for a $4 fan!

If not I think I'm going to bring abt 100 back with me the next time I visit + sell at abt fiver a pop, would anyone be interested in that?

b2k2

Post by b2k2 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:31 pm

Its another case of rip off britain! The only fans I have found to be about the same price as panaflos in the US are Evercool and YSTech, both are quoted as low noise but are low quality and not low noise. It must cost about the same to import panaflos to the uk, so why are they so expensive? :cry: :cry:

I found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... egory=3673 but its not much better than buying off a reputable online store. :? *update* I have just emailed the seller to see what tails are suppied, "The tails are 2-pin connectors - the housing is easily modified to fit a 3-pin connector or I can supply a fresh 3-pin connector housing and new crimps (I think I've some left of both of those)" :shock: Think i'll forget that one then!

I would be very interested in buying some for a fiver each from you, when are you next going?? :wink:
Last edited by b2k2 on Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bat

Post by Bat » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:01 pm

I might be interested, but I might not want to wait that long.

jhh

Post by jhh » Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:27 pm

proberbly not very soon I'm affraid, but could be anytime. Definately before easter at least.

I'd understand the price difference if these things were american manufactured, but they come from japan - crazy that it works out cheaper to have somthing sent japan-->america-->britain than just straight here!!

I wonder... maybe somewhere would sell them direct from a japanese suplier? I'm guessing they'd be dirt cheap that way and if CD-wow is anything to go by (which sends cds from HongKong for next to nothing) the postage wouldn't be so bad.

simmers

Post by simmers » Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:41 am

b2k2 wrote:Its another case of rip off britain! The only fans I have found to be about the same price as panaflos in the US are Evercool and YSTech, both are quoted as low noise but are low quality and not low noise. It must cost about the same to import panaflos to the uk, so why are they so expensive? :cry: :cry:
Same problem for me - can't find anywhere which does the Papst or Panaflo's for less than £15! If you want more than one, try www.PCLincs.co.uk, as they sell Panaflos for £8-10 plus P&P.

But what about those Evercool's? The specs seem quite good and they're only about £5. Free P&P from www.thecoolingshop.com too. Can anyone report on the Evercools?

simmers

Post by simmers » Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:44 am

jhh - let me know when you are off to the States as I am interested in your offer to bring back some Panaflos. Need to experiment with my setup first to determine numbers/sizes though.