Just saw new store from mcubed; new sensors for tbalancer

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

silencery

Just saw new store from mcubed; new sensors for tbalancer

Post by silencery » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:07 pm

So it seems mcubed put up a new OScommerce frontend for their store to showcase their new products.

Some interesting items to consider:

- New thermal sensor hub which now includes foil sensors (sounds promising for more accurate temp measurement).
- Various thermal adhesives.

Oh yeah, here's the link.
http://www.mcubed-tech.com/eng/shop.htm

Eyeing the sensor hub, but I don't really NEED it for my machine...

ferdb

Post by ferdb » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:17 pm

thank god. those old temperature sensors were just a totally spastic design.
They even have water flow rate sensors.. cool ;-)

teejay
Patron of SPCR

Post by teejay » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:43 am

Mmmm... already have the 8 digital sensors installed... add 6 analog ones... very cool and it adds some bragging rights here on SPCR. "Case temps? Which ones? Left, right, bottom, top? Be more specific!" It is going to get problematic to wire neatly though, already pretty challenging.

I do hope somebody here gets the set and tries it... my digital sensors seem to work just fine but I'd get this just for fun. If only they would release that LCD, that would be awesome.

rperezlo

Post by rperezlo » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:31 am

They also have some new adhesive tape. A long time awaited addition for the sensors.

Risky

Post by Risky » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:55 pm

Well I'd being eying the kit for some time and took the plunge for a full kit with 14 temps sensors and additional flow meters and water probes.

I already have a 5 additional sensors on the SMBUS (see here but this kit looks like it has a lot of potential and and should allow be to completely infest the case with wiring. I'll report back whrn the kit arrives.

silencery

Post by silencery » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:30 am

Oh yeah, they got new software too. Its beta so YMMV. I'm using it now, and while the new features are really cool (PWM frequency management!), it might be a bit overwhelming for new users.

DanaG

Post by DanaG » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:21 pm

Since the TBAN-SH analog hub uses the SMBus,would it be possible to hook it to my motherboard header and use Speedfan with it?

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:31 pm

Speedfan doesn't know the chips used by mCubed, so it won't be able to communicate with them.

teejay
Patron of SPCR

Post by teejay » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:21 pm

Just stumbled across this guide (mCubed pdf link) which describes how to update both the software and the firmware for the T-Balancer. Kind of a hard-to-find item on the mCubed site so I thought I'd mention it here.

leem

Post by leem » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi DanaG, I'm wondering about adding sensors to the I2C bus pins on the motherboard and using Speedfan and SMBus. I've posted on this thread, and hopefully can find out more... all very new to me!

:)