Papst FAN

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

breezer

Papst FAN

Post by breezer » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:09 am

Hi everybody,

It is my first topic cause i'm new at this forum :lol:

Firts of all, I enjoyed a lot surfing this site ... I read it with lots of interest.

However, I'm astonished you never mentionned Papst fan, which are recognize as best fans for computer cooling.

It comes in diffrent size, from 40 mm to 120 mm.

80 mm only produces 12 db(A) (ref : Papst 8412 NGL)

Are panaflo better than Papst ?? :roll:

PSU are available with Papst fan in it, at a price ...

woodpecker

Post by woodpecker » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:48 am

However, I'm astonished you never mentionned Papst fan, which are recognize as best fans for computer cooling.
Not true. Papst is well known - search the forums. However, the Panaflo L1A seems to be more popular and cheaper. I guess it is also more available than Papst (I could be wrong).

Especially in Europe, the Panaflo is very hard to get. Which makes Papst more popular.

I would think it is more of what you get in your local stores. Both are good, both are silent...

breezer

Post by breezer » Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:00 am

woodpecker wrote:
Not true. Papst is well known - search the forums. However, the Panaflo L1A seems to be more popular and cheaper. I guess it is also more available than Papst (I could be wrong).

Especially in Europe, the Panaflo is very hard to get. Which makes Papst more popular.

I would think it is more of what you get in your local stores. Both are good, both are silent...
Ok thanks a lot for the answer. I don't know the price of panaflo, papst 80 mm cost around 15 euro (+- 15 dollars).

futureweaver
Friend of SPCR

Post by futureweaver » Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:58 am

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:56 am

There's also been some negative feedback about the noise of the later Papst fans around here. IIRC, someone mentioned that they're bieng manufactured somewhere new and that the quality may be slipping compared to the earlier versions.