Retail Jaro Component fans?

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Liquidated

Retail Jaro Component fans?

Post by Liquidated » Fri May 02, 2003 1:03 pm

I need a modest collection of 92mm and 120mm low flow fans for a new pc I'm building from the ground up.

From other threads I found out about the "real" silenx using jaro components hypro bearing fans and wanted to try a few as my case /cpu fans.

Has anyone bought these fans in low volume from any distributer or jaro themselves? Really would rather not bothering these people without doing at least a little work first to find a distributor.

Cheers!
-Liq

energy

Post by energy » Sat May 03, 2003 1:54 pm

using jaro components hypro bearing fans
I believe Hypro is an Adda fan... unless Jaro is another name for them.

Navajo

Post by Navajo » Sun May 04, 2003 10:35 am

SilenX sad, in another thread, that it would be possible to buy Jaro fan through them.

Try: [email protected]

al bundy

Post by al bundy » Mon May 05, 2003 7:20 am

Justin_R wrote:Original Post Subject: AddA "Ultra Low Speed" Fans - 80mm 20 CFM 14 dBA

I was checking out the AddA fan models list (pdf) and I saw that in addition to the regular "L", "M", and "H" varieties of fans, they also have "U" and "D" varieties which are faster than "H" and slower than "L", respectively. (See here for a full explanation of their numbering scheme.) The specs on the model number AD0812DX-A70GL are 80mmx25mm 0.08A 1600 RPM 20.5 CFM 14.0 dBA. These specs seem roughly comparable to the ultra-low speed Papst (sold here for example). Not that I place much faith in the specs, but it seems worthy of note.

The interesting part is that unlike many of the fans one can find in manufacturer's data but not for purchase, it seems that mouser.com is offering this fan for sale for the reasonable price of $7.01. The catch (and you knew there was one) is that they don't keep them in stock, and you have to order a minimum of 20 (for which the price lowers to $6.48 each).

So does anyone have about a half dozen computers to build where they wouldn't mind trying out something new? Or, who's interested in trying a group purchase? Or, even better, has anyone out there tried this model of fan before?
I sure wish I had one of these to test out! I'm understanding (from other posts on forum here) that neither Jaro nor AddA are the actual manufacturer of this fan... I wonder if anybody here knows who the true manufacturer really is for them?

Edit: I think I've found the original manufacturer to be Fenshen (Shanghai) Electronic Co., Ltd. in Taiwan. They have a page about the Hypro Technology here, and the AD0812DX-A70GL model fan can be seen on there site here. Note that, like on the Jaro page, Fenshen claims the fan noise spec to be 15.0 db/A, which differs from the AddA claim of 14.0 for the same fan...

8)

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Mon May 05, 2003 8:05 am

A quick aside: a 1 dB difference is not significant one way or the other. In a real listening test with 2 similar fans 1 dB apart, you'd pick the wrong fan as often as not. Add production variance and measuring issues and you quickly start calling them the same. The only time this changes is when the overall sonic signature is different despite having the same overall decibel level. Like one goes bzzzzzzzz and the other goes chhhhhhhh.

Empty17

Post by Empty17 » Mon May 05, 2003 10:41 am

Has anyone actually tested these 15 DBA fans out? Do they have good enough air flow, and are they quiet? I am still trying to figure out if these lower type fans are good for my system or not.

Empty17

Post by Empty17 » Mon May 05, 2003 1:25 pm

We need places in the United States like this to shop. Just go to the Home Page. They have products I never heard of before. I love Newegg.com, but they need a store like this with tons of selection.

http://www.oliospec.com/seion/

Empty17

Post by Empty17 » Mon May 05, 2003 2:26 pm

Yah, they have a great selection. I like that they have a lot of parts for silencing, and a lot of the smaller parts like washers and stuff too. Those are tough to find sometimes. I wish Newegg.com had that selection, I just have to say that again! The prices aren't too bad. $61.00 for a Smart Drive Hard Drive Enclosure. I like the Silencer they had for the Shuttles too, they were cool.

Vikroda

Post by Vikroda » Tue May 13, 2003 11:49 am

Found it listed on the SilentX web site $11.95 ea:
http://www.silenx.com/viewPrd.asp?idcat ... roduct=152
There was no discount when I added more than 10 fans to the cart.

ez2remember
Friend of SPCR

Post by ez2remember » Tue May 13, 2003 2:34 pm

We in the UK are use to these prices so I ordered 5 of them.

ez2remember
Friend of SPCR

Post by ez2remember » Tue May 13, 2003 2:59 pm

haha!

It is quite common to pay £10 (15-16$) for a quality fan in the UK, until recently. Now we have one outlet, Dorothy on ebay who sells them about £6 (9-10$), but this is just recently. Everywhere has em for atleast £10 + shipping cost.

Vikroda

$hipping

Post by Vikroda » Tue May 13, 2003 9:46 pm

The $11.95 includes a set of silicone fan isolation mounts ($4 at Silicon Acoustics, less at McMaster-Carr: $10 for a pack of 20), a 3 to 4 pin converter (~$0.50 at SVC), and a built-in thermister to control the speed ($?). So the price seems a little more reasonable; however, the shipping for one is >$8! There was no option to have it sent via US mail :cry: .

jamoore9
Friend of SPCR

Post by jamoore9 » Wed May 14, 2003 9:10 am

Colorcase.com sells the original Silenx fan as used in their original version of the Silenx PSU (the one that MikeC reviewed -- Colorcase and ExoticPc are both owned by Ahanix). There's a thread about this somewhere (the one where silenx made the now infamous "corporate orgy" statement). Its re-labeled as Ahanix Silenx. It's Jamicon-made, IIRC? Anyway, its cheaper, but it doesn't have the nifty fan isolators:

http://www.colorcase.com/ahsifa8025th.html