Nexus Real Silent Fan (How Do I adjust The Speed?)

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

hnnstyle

Nexus Real Silent Fan (How Do I adjust The Speed?)

Post by hnnstyle » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Can someone help me? I purchased these fans the other day and they seem to only have one speed when plugged into the motherboard with the 3 pin connector. I've been using bios to change the fan speeds but it doesn't seem to work with these fans. Am I doing something wrong? My motherboard is the Asus Z75 pro3.

http://www.nexustek.nl/NXS-nexus120mmre ... asefan.htm

Okay, i went to the website and apparently the fans only have 1 speed setting. Is there anyone i can change this?

kuzzia
Friend of SPCR

Re: Nexus Real Silent Fan (How Do I adjust The Speed?)

Post by kuzzia » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 am

If the settings in the BIOS don't work then try using the Windows application ASUS FanXpert which can be found in the ASUS AI Suite. And if that doesn't work you physically need to undervolt the fans either with a fan controller or a 12-to-7 volt resistor (can be bought in some hardware stores). I'd go for a Zalman Fanmate which is cheap, widely accessible, and easy to use.

lodestar

Post by lodestar » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:11 am

The Z75 pro3 is an Asrock motherboard, not Asus. Typically Asrock set 3 pin fan headers to run at full speed by default, and the number of controllable headers may be limited. For example the PWR_FAN header will always run at full speed and cannot be adjusted. Some of the Asrock motherboards have both a 3 pin and 4 pin CPU fan header. It might be worth trying this fan in the 3 pin CPU header which should allow at least automatic control of fan speed and hopefully some manual options. The user manual will give further information about this. It might also be worth downloading the latest version of the Asrock ETU (Extreme Tuning Utility) which should give some further fan control options.

hnnstyle

Post by hnnstyle » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:35 am

thanks. I'll try it out later today and hope it works.