What silver / white fan controller 3.5" with USB 3.0

Control: management of fans, temp/rpm monitoring via soft/hardware

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

kater

What silver / white fan controller 3.5" with USB 3.0

Post by kater » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:30 am

I need a 3.5" fan controller that can handle 2 regular fans and comes with USB 3.0. And is in white or silver - to match my ancient P150. And it would be cool if it's available in Polandia.

So far I've found that Akasa AK-FC-06U3BK is only available in black. I now have the previous iteration, with USB 2.0. Great, but sluggish.

Also, I've found Scythe Kaze Station II, but I'm pretty much convinced it's also available in black only.

If anyone knows of similar controllers in silver or white please share. (Although I like to think I've done my homework and researched all other options...)

Another question - specifically for owners of Kaze Station II - can it be easily disassembled? Can I take the front off without damaging it (too much)? I could just paint it and be done with it, worst case scenario.

Telstar

Re: What silver / white fan controller 3.5" with USB 3.0

Post by Telstar » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:03 pm

I cant answer but...
Caseking, Alternate and other german shops with huge selection ship to Poland.

kater

Post by kater » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:26 am

In the meantime a response was posted to my question on Scythe forums, regarding the Kaze Station II:

"to remove the front bezel is very easy. It is "only" snapped in. You can pull the fan controller knobs and then remove the front bezel."

I've already order the panel and once it arrives I'll have at it.

Telstar

Post by Telstar » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:37 am

In my old PC I had a Scythe Kaze fan controlller (not sure which model) and it was very good except for the cables a bit messy.