ahh well OCed it to 3.3GHz at default VCore.
Ran prime95 for 2hrs
Ran 3dMark03 3x
All ran successfully and no problems as of yet.
gonner try to see if i can get it upto 3.4
I've found it's easier to work from the top down. For example, here's the log from overclock testing on my Athlon XP using prime95 for stability verification:
Prime overclock testing:
2158 (13x166): Fail in 0.03 mins
2148 (12.5x172): Fail in 0.1 mins
2137 (12.5x171): Fail in 0.6 mins
2122 (12.5x170): Fail in 2.7 mins
2112 (12.5x169): Fail in 3.2 mins
2098 (12.5x168): Fail in 8.4 mins
2084 (12.5x167): Fail in 2.5 hours
2075 (12.5x166): Pass 15+ hours
You can see by starting high, I spent a total of only about 15 minutes (including reboots) to reach the point where it was stable for 2.5 hours; after that test the next one ran stable for over 15 hours. In my book, anything over 12 is good, and if you look at the time incrases for each 1mhz drop in FSB, it would seem that 166 was the magic number to get total stability.
Just as an FYI, prime95 says "failed after X minutes" which is not very precise. What I did was bring up task manager and base my time on the actual minutes and seconds of CPU time used by the prime95 application. This is a much more accurate way to go about it when we're talking about speeds where it's failing in 0 to 3 minutes.