Got a project In mind...need right psu!!

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

munceyboyjoe

Got a project In mind...need right psu!!

Post by munceyboyjoe » Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:06 am

Hi, I tryed to read around as much as possible before this post, but here goes...Me and a group of friends may soon embark on a little project that involves putting together a (fairly) small form pc, intended mainly for general multi-media purposes, like dvd playback, music, stuff like that. We will likely be using amd or P4 over via cpus, probably over-clocked a little to help us keep the heat down. Anyway, I was wondering what kind of psu would be up to the job. It likely that we may be using 2 fans, probably 1, a dvd/cdrw drive, one hd. maybe 2 pci cards and the cpu. So, I was considering a 200w mini-atx style psu, possibly the one in the recommended list, the Seasonic SS-200SFD. Can anyone reassure me in this selection?? My main selection points for the psu are size, heat, noise, and ensuring that theres enough juice to run everything!!

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:34 am

The Seasonic SS-200SFD is definitely worth a try. It is very quiet. Your current needs will be very modest (depending on exactly which CPU -- but if your undervolt/clocking...), so the power should be adequate. Only one sure way to find out.

munceyboyjoe

Post by munceyboyjoe » Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:36 am

Yeah I guess so :wink: