HELP! SN45G w/SilenX 250W PSU not powering up!

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

acaurora
*Lifetime Patron*

HELP! SN45G w/SilenX 250W PSU not powering up!

Post by acaurora » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:55 pm

Ok, I've made sure that every connection is fine, nothing is loose. When I plug it in, the PSU makes this faint buzzing sound. When I press the button, the fans in the PSU turn for a brief moment, then stop. Nothing else happens. No lights, no fan movement, no nothing. What should I do?! I dont wanna end up sending it back to Shuttle... -_-

HELP!

Edit: The HSF does turn also for a moment, then dies. I've tried clearing the CMOS several times, to no avail.

Edit #2: Tried reseating ICE. No effect. I found out that the faint buzzing from the PSU goes away after holding the power button for 5 seconds. Pressing it again resumes it. It's almost as if it's ON, but it isn't. No video, fans not moving, etc....

Nieko

Post by Nieko » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:32 pm

If all connections are correct and your 45 works with the stock PSU, I would say you got a faulty unit. Contact Shuttle for an RMA.

acaurora
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by acaurora » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:54 pm

I didn't try with the Stock PSU, heard it was noisy. I have to go to work now, but I'll try it when I get home. If all that fails... *SIGH *picks up phone and calls Shuttle*

acaurora
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by acaurora » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:20 am

It was the SilenX PSU. The stock one that came with it worked. DAMN THAT HSF IS NOISY!!!!!!! (well at full blast). Thank god I got that M1A-BX... although FrozenCPU sent me the wrong adapter (2 pin, instead of the 3 pin). So while I wait the extra day or so for the right one to arrive, I'll be returning the SilenX PSU for a return -.-;;

Nieko

Post by Nieko » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:35 pm

Sorry you had bad luck with the PSU. I am sure you will enjoy it more when you get it straightend out. :)

Sizzle
Patron of SPCR

Post by Sizzle » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:56 am

SilenX uses Fortran based PSU's. I had a SilenX that I had to adjust the 12v pot (it's a little yellow dial on the right side if you are facing the back of the psu) and that solved the problem I had similiar to yours.