whats the quietest psu i can get in canada?

PSUs: The source of DC power for all components in the PC & often a big noise source.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

dinde

whats the quietest psu i can get in canada?

Post by dinde » Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:31 pm

hipping across teh border is expensive, and i want a silenx but they only sell them @ 1 place in the us which really sux =\ anyawys, whats teh quietest there is besides that? (a link to a canadian reseller would be appreciated too)

powergyoza
Patron of SPCR

Hot tip.

Post by powergyoza » Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:18 pm

Where are you located? If you're in the Vancouver Lower Mainland, you can have it shipped to http://www.thelettercarrier.com in Pt. Roberts. That way you save a bit on cross-border shipping and you save on brokerage from UPS. This has been my solution to getting items that are N/A in Canada.

If you're in another part of Canada, I'm sure there's comparable services in the town right across the border.

dinde

Post by dinde » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:50 am

i dont really understand.. and i live in montreal btw. so if u could point me to a place in mtl? (dont mean to be a nuisance) so maybe i can call em up to get some info :D

Herb W.

Post by Herb W. » Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:55 am

I just ordered a Silenx a few days ago, and was told that UPS cometimes collects the GST and a nice fat brokerage fee and sometimes does not - seems to be luck of the draw...

P's suggestion only makes sense if you live right near the border and can drive to the States in an hour or so. Even then you have toillegally bring it back over the border to avoid GST.

powergyoza
Patron of SPCR

Post by powergyoza » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:26 am

Dinde, how long does it take for you to drive to NY state? The closest city across the border is Champlain, NY. Check these 2 places and see if they offer the same service as http://www.thelettercarrier.com

Herb W., yes the savings are in the brokerage, but also in the shipping itself. You'd save about $10CAD in shipping by keeping it in the states. Still gotta pay GST and PST though, but you'd have to anyway if you bought it in Canada, true?