BFG or Leadtek 6800 GT?

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Hector

BFG or Leadtek 6800 GT?

Post by Hector » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:04 pm

I'm considering buying either the BFG 6800 GT OC or the Leadtek A400 TDH 6800 GT video card and want to know what you guys recommend based on performance, noise and heat.

The Leadtek appears to have a better cooling solution and seems to be quieter. The BFG comes overclocked and thus scores better in benchmarks but the Leadtek might be able to overclock better than the BFG.

They are both $399 locally. Leadtek has a better software bundle, but only a 3yr vs lifetime warranty.

Anyone have any experience with both?

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:27 pm

I think you just laid out all the pros and cons right there. Both are going to be obtrusively loud.

Though since it's a bigger name, Leadtek may lend itself to better aftermarket modding, e.g.. the upcoming NV Silencer or basic watercooling blocks.

I don't think you're going to care about warranty though. If you're a hard core gamer, this card will be upgraded long before the warranty runs out.

PretzelB

Post by PretzelB » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:05 am

I had a BFG card that failed on me. The service department at BFG was awesome. With only 1 or 2 emails I had an RMA and a few days later they sent me a replacement.

All things being equal, I would pick BFG in the future over another company because of this good experience.

GlassMan

Post by GlassMan » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:28 am

I have a bfg 6800gt. No problem, good to know about rma. have ac nv5 on the way, never occured to me it wouldn't fit, still doesn't make sense to me. It's a unique card that has non standard mounting holes. When it the nv5 gets here from Canada, I'll let you know here

I'd go with the BFG, same price, guaranteed over clock, unless you really want the software bundle, then its a no brainer, as they will probably overclock the same with the same cooler. I would GUESS the Leadtech would be quieter, but not quiet.